+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3Gs previously BB 5.16.05, unknown firmware, german SIM card

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm a huuuuuge noob!! I got an iPhone 3Gs that was on Baseband 5.16.05, unknown firmware version. I used the tutorial from Dev-Group in the first sticky and wound up
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3Gs previously BB 5.16.05, unknown firmware, german SIM card
    I'm a huuuuuge noob!! I got an iPhone 3Gs that was on Baseband 5.16.05, unknown firmware version. I used the tutorial from Dev-Group in the first sticky and wound up trying to jailbreak the phone using pwnage tool. I wound up with some error messages from iTunes (Error 1604 and 1600) which led me to believe I had used the wrong custom firmware. Now the phone seems to be stuck in restore mode. I'm trying to unlock this phone for use in Germany, but am clueless as to whether or not I need to Jailbreak and/or Unlock? Where should I go from here? Help is greatly appreciated! If I can't do anything about this... iPhone 3Gs for sale! Hahaha

Thanks so much
    Last edited by bullettoothcoop; 02-06-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Did you put it into pwned DFU mode before trying to restore to custom fw. Also that baseband isn't unlockable. You'd want to restore to stock 4.1, jb it, then flash the iPad bb to it with Redsn0w. Then install Ultrasn0w to unlock from Cydia after. Or, restore to stock 4.1, jb, flash iPad bb, then upgrade to custom 5.0.1, unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Note the iPad bb may kill GPS function and will forever require you to use a custom fw for restore/upgrade.