Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMessage & Facetime "Waiting for Activation" FIX.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Lightbulb iMessage & Facetime "Waiting for Activation" FIX.
    Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place or whatever. But I feel the need to share this fix to all Hacktivators on ios5 having trouble with iMessage!!!

1. Open Cydia and Add the Source: http://repo.bingner.com/
    2. Search and Install SAM. (You will notice it installs two other packages aswell.)
    3. Open the SAMprefs app on the springboard or in the settings tab.
    4. Tap on "Method" and select "By Bundle Name"
    5. Go back to the main screen and select "Bundle"
    6. Now select the carrier the phone was locked to.
    7. Return to the main screen and select "SIM ID"
    8. Then select the first option on the list.
    9. Return to the main screen and select "Utilities"
    10. Select "De-Activate iPhone".
    11. Now press your home button and hold down the home and power button untill your iDevice turns off.
    12. While your iDevice is rebooting connect it to your Pc/Mac and open iTunes.
    13. Once your iDevice has rebooted and iTunes recognises your device you can unplug it from your Pc/Mac.
    14. Now go into SAMprefs and select more information.
    15. Next to "ActivationState" it will say "WildcardActivated"
    16 You Are DONE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WarL0rd For This Useful Post:

Rids103 (02-09-2012)

Hi. I've got an AT&T Gevey PRO unlocked iPhone 4 on 5.0, BB 04.10.01 and planning to upgrade and hacktivate to 5.0.1 to get an untethered JB. I did it to my friends last week and iMessage, FaceTime and Push notifications didn't seem to be workIng too well, but more importantly I couldn't restore from backup in iTunes. Will this Cydia app sort out all these problems and activate it correctly? And is it compatible with my version, SIM etc and will my unlock still be there?
    Thanks
    Help would be very much appreciated!

Help needed urgently….Please….
    I have a problem with the SAM thing. Here is what happened. I wanted push notification and imessage on my recently jailbroken iphone which uses Gevey Ultra for unlock. So I installed the SAM and I started following the steps. I went as far as clicking the ‘Revert lockdown to Stock’ which gave me a successful message, then I was supposed to sync with itunes, but I tunes said that my sim was invalid and stuff but I was still using the iphone. So I tried again and again no luck. Then I thought it would be a good idea to uninstall the SAM thing and then I rebooted my iphone. Now just when the iphone is on, it says connect to itunes and makes me choose wi-fi networks. When I connect to itunes, it says, ‘The sim card inserted in this iphone does not seem to be supported’. Im living in Africa, so there is no way I can get the official sim card. What can I do please tell me. My iphone is unusable for now. Should I try to restore from a backup or something…?
    The phone is iphone 4, ios 5.0.1, Gevey Ultra unlocked, baseband 4.10.01, and was jailbroken.
    Please HELP!!!!!