Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G worked fine, then sudden "No Service" problem

Default unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3G worked fine, then sudden "No Service" problem
    I've had an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone 3g since April (hand-me-down), have had a couple fixable problems with it, but overall it was working fine until this evening, when suddenly it started saying "No Service" in an area where I generally get service. Walking around, going out/inside didn't help, and even when I got home the problem persisted (gave it about an hour to see if it was just a signal problem). Soooo, I custom restored/re-jailbroke/re-unlocked it and am still having the same problem. I've read this happening to other people the first time they jailbroke, but the phone was fine for months and I didn't do anything new to it, just pulled it out of my purse. Anybody else had this problem, any advice? Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

If you are using ipad bb, do an update of ipd bb again.

I think I'm doing it wrong... I tried selecting the box in redsn0w to have to install the ipad bb but then redsn0w crashes when I try to re-jailbreak.

Default I have the same problem...Why is the phone loosing its service like this?
    iPhone 3G, was working fine for about 1 month after jailbreak/unlock and now it can't hold the cell phone service and shows "No Service".
    I put the sim in another phone (non iphone) and it picks up the cell service without an issue.
    Does anyone have a solution for this or is it just the jailbreak/unlock that has gone bad?
    Thanks for any and all help!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Try flashing with ipad bb if you are using ipad bb. Make sure you uncheck install cydia as you are already jailbroken.