Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iPhone 4 5.0.1 on baseband 04.11.08?

Hybrid View

What's Jailbreak?
    Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Default Unlock iPhone 4 5.0.1 on baseband 04.11.08?
    I've tried everything from trying with stock 5.0.1 to preserving baseband with redsn0w and then installing ultrasnow with 3g off, tried the airplane mode trick.

It's locked to 3. I have a 3 sim in it but I still get no service.

How do I fix this? What are my options?

I know this is my first post and I'm coming begging for help but I'm at a loss and I hope to stay active.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You cant do anything, there is no unlock for 4.11.08 baseband yet. You probably have to wait till the new GEVEY sim comes out.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So can't I change the baseband? Using a modified ios or something?

I know you're panicked and everything, but there are so many similar threads in this forum category. If you read around and searched, you'll know that there's no way to change the baseband once you've upgraded it. It's always been this case. I'm sure the guide you used to upgrade also said this.

No. You can never change baseband. Baseband can only go up, not down. There is no way around this. You cannot unlock your phone unless you go to your carrier (in which case, search the forums/internet). You have an expensive ipod touch. Sorry.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh well sad times! I'll look out for the new gevey sim then. Is there an eta on it by chance?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

No idea when it's coming out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

In the unlocking iPhone world, don't expect any ETA's.

Smile Making a Deal With At&T???
    I have the same problem with my iPhone 4 (baseband 04.11.08 and Firmware 5.0.1). Apparently there is no way to unlock it. I also hear that we could soon see an update to Ultrasn0w that may address the 04.11.08 BB issue. No one is making any claims as to when the next Gevey Sim will arrive or the ATA of a new version of Ultrasn0w. Fact is, we may be waiting a long time.

I'm considering a few options....
    1.) Wait for new Ultrasn0w or Applenberry to come out with a new Gevey Sim. Neither Cydia or Applenberry are making any claims as to when this might happen.
    2.) Sell my mint condition AT&T iPhone 4 and purchase one that is already unlocked. (Apple's Recommendation) LOL
    3.) Try to make a bargain with AT&T to see if they would willing to set up the identical plan that we currently have with T Mobile for the same amount of money. If they are, that could possibly solve the problem with my AT&T iPhone. If not... Oh well, back to option 1 or 2.

It kind of brings me to another question though. Even though my phone is an ATT phone, If we went back to AT&T, is it just a matter of sticking in an AA&T sim card, or does the "iPhone' in particular need to activated in a special way to work? I know that AT&T requires a data plan for all iPhones that are purchased and activated. I don't need or want a data plan at all. I'm completely happy doing web stuff when I find a wiwi hotspot.

Any ides on that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If the phone is an AT&T iPhone then yes you just stick the SIM in and it'll work. If you have a plan with no data, it would still work if you put the SIM in, but you wouldn't be able to go and say hey give me a plan with no data for my iPhone. You'd have to leave the iPhone out of the picture to get the plan. Then it's just a matter of when AT&T catches you without a data plan while using your iPhone. Some people get caught, some don't.

Thanks, that was useful info....

04.11 BS continues. . . Strange it takes this long. I would love to know what exactly does it take to create unlocking software. I can barely edit code so I have no idea how this is done.

PS There is no known method around this currently. If you see anything Online now, it's fake crap.
    Last edited by samson_420; 02-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848