+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 and Baseband 04.11.08

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All Just tried to update my iPhone 4 to the new 5.0.1 using a NO BB Custom Firmware with RedSnow. Half way through it crashed on me and could
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Help with iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 and Baseband 04.11.08
    Hi All

Just tried to update my iPhone 4 to the new 5.0.1 using a NO BB Custom Firmware with RedSnow. Half way through it crashed on me and could not reboot even to DFU Mode, Tried for hours and suddenly itunes could restore it but to the latest 5.0.1 with 04.11.08 Baseband....Great!!! but i was using a Gevey Sim as its a Three Mobile UK phone and i moved to Austria a while back so i could use my A1 Sim over here in it. Now i believe it cant be unlocked which is not good as i cant use it.

Any way of unlocking it at all or downgrading it back or does anybody now when the new Gevey Sim will be released

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Lee

PS ( I was running 4.3.5 Firmware with Baseband 04.11.01)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

No unlock, no downgrading basebands, so basically you need to sell the phone and get another either factory unlocked or has an unlockable baseband. Unlockable baseband = anything except 4.11.08.

Green Apple
    Thanks

stupid post.... was stupid
    Last edited by MiaField; 02-07-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

OUCH!

buddy brought me his (recently bought) sexy white 32gb 4 on 4.11.08 hoping I could do it for him. Soon as I connected it to tinyumbrella and saw the bb I just felt so bad for him.

jb'd it at least so he could wifi it up, but sadly., yeah...waiting game for 1.3 Ultrasn0w I believe? Any word on that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    OUCH!

buddy brought me his (recently bought) sexy white 32gb 4 on 4.11.08 hoping I could do it for him. Soon as I connected it to tinyumbrella and saw the bb I just felt so bad for him.

jb'd it at least so he could wifi it up, but sadly., yeah...waiting game for 1.3 Ultrasn0w I believe? Any word on that?
    Probably not, you will probably have to wait for GEVEY to release a new sim that is compatible with 4.11.08. Seems like they are the only ones trying to unlock 4.11.08.
    iPhone dev team/ muscle nerd said they were working on 4S unlocks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone samson_420's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I don't know if there is another thread on this or not. But, either way. . . . What do you all think of this 04.11.08 BS? How long will it take for the new "turbo SIM" to be released.

I'm just curious. I bought a iPhone 4 for dirt cheap and didn't even think to check how things were going in the Apple unlock world since I just Unlocked and Jailbroke a 3Gs in like 10 Minutes that I also got way dirt cheap.

It's not life threatening to me like some of the poor people who upgraded to 5.o that came with 04.11 and lost their phones. But, still. . . I wonder when it will be released.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Thanks

It'll come when it does. There has never been a set amount of time for these things to be done. Could take a long time, or it could take less time, but it seems Apple is getting serious lately. Or the jb devs are busier nowadays.

Green Apple
    Thanks

People don't understand that we are not the dev team lol. How are we supposed to know if/when an unlock is coming?

An unlock will be out within 20 years. No one here can provide you with a specific answer. If you even ask devs, they won't provide you with a specific answer. An unlock will be out when it is ready. We are not the dev team.

There is no way at all to unlock 4.11 (unless you go to your carrier, in which case search the internet/forums). No one here knows when an unlock is coming out. Why would we? When have devs ever said "hey in 3 days unlock is coming out"

Thanks

They have said that, and it blew up so they stopped giving ETA's, lol. But yeah you're right, nobody really knows except the devs and even then they can only estimate.

Thanks

Well. . . . . I did not say in any way that any of know when it will come out.

But, instead what is your opinions on this.

This is the first time I been back to the iPhone game since 3.1.x

So, I really have no way to measure by previous releases.

But, it does sure seem that way. Apple really stepped it up a notch in the security field. I remember first gens were getting unlocked and jailbroken quite quickly back in the day when new firmware releases came out. At least that's what I remember.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=129676&dateline=12338  68848

Thanks

It used to be quick, like within a week a jb is out and within a month an unlock is out; but nowadays it's much longer. So I guess to say what I really think, the unlock is a long way down the road (if ever it comes). The iPhone 4 hasn't had a new unlock since 1.59.00...so yeah. It sucks to say but it looks like Apple has the upper hand (for now?).

Thanks

It's all a game. They always have the higher hand. We're buying their sh1t. They can't lose. We love to hate them. I don't know exactly why it takes longer. I'm just not on a developer level.

So, from what I gather. The saps like me have been stuck with a iPhone touch pod since the end of October of last year. Hmmmmm, kinda long. I dunno
    Last edited by samson_420; 02-01-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

what's the verdict about these websites that charge $19.99-34.99 to offer 'JB's & unlocking'???

Those ones that boast., 'can unlock any model iphone' including '4S' IE Unlock iPhone 4S and Unlock iPhone 5.0 Like WTF???
    I've heard that some are scams...but can ALL of them be scams? Can all their posts be scams???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    what's the verdict about these websites that charge $19.99-34.99 to offer 'JB's & unlocking'???

Those ones that boast., 'can unlock any model iphone' including '4S' IE Unlock iPhone 4S and Unlock iPhone 5.0 Like WTF???
    I've heard that some are scams...but can ALL of them be scams? Can all their posts be scams???

I would say yes, since there has never been a charge for a software unlock on any iDevice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey samson i read that this web guarantie you to unlock any iphone any basband, and we can pay by paypal, so, is there somebody that tried this web?, please let us to know what happened.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    in regards to these "sites" that offer the 04.11.08 unlock i feel it's all bs. i mean think about it. if this was true, wouldn't we have heard by now from some member that it was a success??? i mean confermation or so??? i don't know about u all, but i haven't heard anything yet. number 2 point....if the devs cannot produce a working unlock as of yet, how is it these "sites" can???? and my last point i wanna make....the videos from these "sites" that show the unlock, how do we know if that isn't an already factory unlocked iphone they r working with??? we have no way to tell. so given what i said i believe these sites r fake. i was curitious and sent an e-mail to a couple of these so called unlocking sites that state, "we will answer ur e-mails within the next 24 hours". a week later still nothing. so that tells me no support, no nothing. so what i suggest like i have on other forums, if u wanna be brave enough and try one of these "sites" do ur hw 1st b4 u throw away ur hard earned cash . i myself will have to wait for gevey sim 2 to come out to try unless something happens with the devs between now and then.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlock iphone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminem1976 View Post
    in regards to these "sites" that offer the 04.11.08 unlock i feel it's all bs. i mean think about it. if this was true, wouldn't we have heard by now from some member that it was a success??? i mean confermation or so??? i don't know about u all, but i haven't heard anything yet. number 2 point....if the devs cannot produce a working unlock as of yet, how is it these "sites" can???? and my last point i wanna make....the videos from these "sites" that show the unlock, how do we know if that isn't an already factory unlocked iphone they r working with??? we have no way to tell. so given what i said i believe these sites r fake. i was curitious and sent an e-mail to a couple of these so called unlocking sites that state, "we will answer ur e-mails within the next 24 hours". a week later still nothing. so that tells me no support, no nothing. so what i suggest like i have on other forums, if u wanna be brave enough and try one of these "sites" do ur hw 1st b4 u throw away ur hard earned cash . i myself will have to wait for gevey sim 2 to come out to try unless something happens with the devs between now and then.
    thanks Eminem, i was thinking the same, they are fake, and i agree with you we have to wait for a new gevey or somthing new for the dev team, thanks again and we are here to help people like me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    anytime hicder 80)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So i take its my iPhone is useless only as ipod touch at the mo. Any news on Gevey Sim 2 anybody???

Thanks

There is no unlock solution at the moment with the Gevey SIM or software unlock on bb 4.11.08.