Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 139 of 139

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How to Install iPad Baseband on iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 5.16.05 Baseband?

  1. #121
    Hi, Can someone please confirm for me that im ok to update my baseband from 05.16.05 to ipad baseband?
    My phone is a 3gs 16Gb which ive jailbreak with redsn0w but i cant unlock it.
    The serial number is 87945VM**** so im guessing it 2009 week 45
    Any help would be great
    Thanks

  2. #122
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hux19 View Post
    Hi, Can someone please confirm for me that im ok to update my baseband from 05.16.05 to ipad baseband?
    My phone is a 3gs 16Gb which ive jailbreak with redsn0w but i cant unlock it.
    The serial number is 87945VM**** so im guessing it 2009 week 45
    Any help would be great
    Thanks
    You are correct. Should be fine to update to ipad baseband. And then downgrade to 5.13.04 if you want after to fix gps.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    hux19 (10-03-2012)

  4. #123
    Many thanks Simon for your quick rely. Ill update my baseband to the ipad and then downgrade it as you mentioned.

  5. #124
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    If your iPhone is locked to AT&T, just do an imei unlock. I just used Unlock Fusion on eBay and it worked great. Then you won't have to worry about basebands anymore.

  6. #125
    Thanks for the info troyy but the phone wasn't locked to AT&T so ive installed ipad baseband an used ultrasn0w to unlock it and its working a treat.

  7. #126
    my serial is 879422PM3NS and in itools says week 42, 10/2009 but when i use idetector it says its new bootroom, is it okay to update to ipad baseband then downgrade?

  8. #127
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by starscream_89 View Post
    my serial is 879422PM3NS and in itools says week 42, 10/2009 but when i use idetector it says its new bootroom, is it okay to update to ipad baseband then downgrade?
    New bootrom refers to your ability to jailbreak untethered or not. It doesn't affect your baseband. You are fine to use the iPad baseband method since your phone was manufactured in 2009.

  9. #128
    Default iPhone 3GS - 5.1.1 Base: 05.16.05
    My serial number starts with 87227.... Its model is A1303. What year and month is this?

    Can I unlock the baseband or do some up/downgrades? I am an experience PC guy and have been jailbreaking for years.

    -MerlinC

  10. #129
    Hi. I have an iphone un locked 3gs that was running on ios 4.1. then i updated to ios 6, i tried to unlocked but i can't so i suppsedly donwgrade the baseband. Now my phone doesn't show wifi or bluetooth options, modem firmware and it keeps restarting. The serial number is 87040zgkedg. What can i do to fix it? thank you so much.

  11. #130
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Sarabia View Post
    Hi. I have an iphone un locked 3gs that was running on ios 4.1. then i updated to ios 6, i tried to unlocked but i can't so i suppsedly donwgrade the baseband. Now my phone doesn't show wifi or bluetooth options, modem firmware and it keeps restarting. The serial number is 87040zgkedg. What can i do to fix it? thank you so much.
    Try restoring to 6.0.1 stock firmware to see if that fixes wifi etc

  12. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Try restoring to 6.0.1 stock firmware to see if that fixes wifi etc
    thank you simon it really worked.

  13. #132

  14. #133
    I have iPhone 3GS serial number is 870183XXXXX can I install iPad baseband ?

    Thank You

  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by betimg View Post
    I have iPhone 3GS serial number is 870183XXXXX can I install iPad baseband ?

    Thank You
    Welcome to MMi!

    You should be OK to install the ipad baseband

  16. #135
    Hi all if you are unsure go to iH8sn0w.com and download f0recast and it will tell you if you can use ipad bb.-capture.png

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BurnToasT333 For This Useful Post:

    2k1 (01-23-2013)

  18. #136
    Sug Luv Super Moderator 2k1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hammond Louisiana
    Posts
    34,053
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

    Very good tool to have thanks

  19. #137
    Hi

    Just had my 3gs replaced by apple for a recon unit due to major freezing. Im locked to the EE network. i want to unock for all networks.
    serial number QR1471xxxxx
    Version 6.1 (10b141)
    modem firmware 05.16.08

    How do i go about unlocking this phone

    thanks in advance

  20. #138
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,775
    Thanks
    6,979
    Thanked 15,539 Times in 7,105 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilanger View Post
    Hi

    Just had my 3gs replaced by apple for a recon unit due to major freezing. Im locked to the EE network. i want to unock for all networks.
    serial number QR1471xxxxx
    Version 6.1 (10b141)
    modem firmware 05.16.08

    How do i go about unlocking this phone

    thanks in advance
    You cant use the Ipad baseband method because of your serial number. You would have to see if EE can unlock it for you. Or find an IMEI unlocking site that supports EE.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Evilanger (02-17-2013)

  22. #139
    I had a change feeling you'd say that, been quoted 17 quid so might just do that tbh. Thanks

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •