Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Install iPad Baseband on iPhone 3GS 5.0.1 5.16.05 Baseband?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 7,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rxtea View Post
    How about my numbers???
    Assuming they are all 3GS phones
    QR2060533NQ: no
    QR2100ZTEDG: no
    829435233NP : yes
    87935P9D3NP: yes

Why not the QR ones?? There not 135 my on 0, and 100 which mean it should be.. But due to it being a replacement.. I was scared to even try.. Guess I just waste money buy for the replacement one

Thanks

I'm just going by how to read a serial number. 3rd number is year manufactured and 4th and 5th are week. Whether that still applies to a replacement unit, not sure myself. But from reading them that way they woud be manufactured in 2012, which means they would have the new hardware which the iPad baseband is not compatible with.

Default Hi guys sorry i am a newbie here.
    Hi my serial number is 86950LFQ3NP can i install the ipad base band?
    Thanks
    Ed

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Yes you will be good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

NeonNexxus (07-08-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1 View Post
    Yes you will be good
    WOA 2k1 i never expected a reply this fast ..
    THANK UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so much ..
    Will let you know the outcome ..
    REALLY REALLY thanks.

Have a great evening and thanks for your help.
    Ed

Thanks

Your welcomeeeeeeeee

Have a good day yourself

is it safe to upgrade to ipad base band on my Iphone 3gs? Serial 88133S4JEDG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geonecis View Post
    is it safe to upgrade to ipad base band on my Iphone 3gs? Serial 88133S4JEDG
    Some would say yes, some no. In redsnow the cut off is week 34 of 2011, yours is week 33. Others say week 29 and after is not safe. So I wouldnt try it if I were you. I would see about getting it officially unlocked by the carrier it is locked to instead.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Geonecis (07-14-2012)

no hope for me then

EDIT:
    Let's say I did it anyway, what would be the worst that could happen?

Thanks

You would brick your phone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

Geonecis (07-14-2012)

Hi Simon
    Superbad Moderator,
    I have a some serious problem your help will be greatly appreciated...., here is problem,
    1. Got the iphone 3gs year ago thru criagslist and unlocked it with ipad baseband and it worked well with other networks.
    2. Few months back my dad connected it to itunes to update the OS, update was successful but we are keep getting a message "server is busy try after some time or contact apple.com/support".
    3. I talked to ATT and they approved my unlock and asked me to restore the phone using itunes, but still not able to activate and got the same above message.
    Please help me to get rid of this and activate my phone, now all I see is first few screens where we select "language", "region" and "wifi" settings...!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaushis View Post
    Hi Simon
    Superbad Moderator,
    I have a some serious problem your help will be greatly appreciated...., here is problem,
    1. Got the iphone 3gs year ago thru criagslist and unlocked it with ipad baseband and it worked well with other networks.
    2. Few months back my dad connected it to itunes to update the OS, update was successful but we are keep getting a message "server is busy try after some time or contact apple.com/support".
    3. I talked to ATT and they approved my unlock and asked me to restore the phone using itunes, but still not able to activate and got the same above message.
    Please help me to get rid of this and activate my phone, now all I see is first few screens where we select "language", "region" and "wifi" settings...!
    First step is to use redsnow to flash the ipad baseband again. That will fix your activation issue. Then use redsnow 0.9.14b2 to downgrade your baseband back to 5.13.04. Once you have done that restore to a regular 5.1.1 firmware and activate normally in itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    First step is to use redsnow to flash the ipad baseband again. That will fix your activation issue. Then use redsnow 0.9.14b2 to downgrade your baseband back to 5.13.04. Once you have done that restore to a regular 5.1.1 firmware and activate normally in itunes.
    Thanks Simon, I'm new to this (my friend did the last jailbreak for me), please, please list the above steps on how to do it? appreciate your help!!!

Mr Simon, you mean, first just download the current version of redsnow and flash the iphone 3gs to ipad baseband, activate it with itunes and then download redsnow 0.9.14b2 to downgrade your baseband back to 5.13.04, then restore it with itunes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaushis View Post
    Mr Simon, you mean, first just download the current version of redsnow and flash the iphone 3gs to ipad baseband, activate it with itunes and then download redsnow 0.9.14b2 to downgrade your baseband back to 5.13.04, then restore it with itunes?
    Yes, you can do it all with that 0.9.14b2 version.

Hello Simon,,,
    I have a pretty hard problem,, would you help??

one of my friends did a jailbreak on my iphone 3gs,, ios 5.1.1,,, but now the wifi says " no wi-fi " bluetooth is unavailable,, and the modem firmware is blank,,, there is nothing,,, and it does reboot every about 3 minutes,,,,, the serial num is 882027xxx,, i guess that means week 2 of 2012 (New Bootrom),,, what i understood, that if i did install the ipad BB, it will Brick,,,,

Soooo,, what should I dooo???? help plzzzz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_TDM View Post
    Hello Simon,,,
    I have a pretty hard problem,, would you help??

one of my friends did a jailbreak on my iphone 3gs,, ios 5.1.1,,, but now the wifi says " no wi-fi " bluetooth is unavailable,, and the modem firmware is blank,,, there is nothing,,, and it does reboot every about 3 minutes,,,,, the serial num is 882027xxx,, i guess that means week 2 of 2012 (New Bootrom),,, what i understood, that if i did install the ipad BB, it will Brick,,,,

Soooo,, what should I dooo???? help plzzzz
    Sounds like the ipad baseband was already attempted to be installed and the baseband has been bricked. Try restoring to a regular 5.1.1 firmware to see if that will fix the baseband.

Thanks

Sounds like the ipad baseband was already attempted to be installed and the baseband has been bricked. Try restoring to a regular 5.1.1 firmware to see if that will fix the baseband.
    I doubt that will fix it. I've had that problem. There was nothing I could do. Scraped the iPhone for parts.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast