+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will a locked iPhone 4S work with a Costa Rican Sim card?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
When I bought my iPhone 4S, they told me that it didn't even have to be unlocked to be able to work with a Costa Rican Sim card. That all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Will a locked iPhone 4S work with a Costa Rican Sim card?
    When I bought my iPhone 4S, they told me that it didn't even have to be unlocked to be able to work with a Costa Rican Sim card. That all I have to do is put in the other Sim card when I'm in Costa Rica and it will work without needing to be unlocked. Does anyone know if this is true?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billznik View Post
    When I bought my iPhone 4S, they told me that it didn't even have to be unlocked to be able to work with a Costa Rican Sim card. That all I have to do is put in the other Sim card when I'm in Costa Rica and it will work without needing to be unlocked. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Hi. It has to be factory unlocked otherwise it wont work if it is locked to a specific carrier and there is currently no unlock for 4s. Where are you buying it from?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    Hi. It has to be factory unlocked otherwise it wont work if it is locked to a specific carrier and there is currently no unlock for 4s. Where are you buying it from?
    I bought it from an Apple Store in the US, when the guy told me that , I asked him repeatedly if he was sure that it would work in Costa Rica only by switching Sim cards and he told me yes. Something about AT&T allowing it in order to not lose sales to unlocked phones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billznik View Post
    I bought it from an Apple Store in the US, when the guy told me that , I asked him repeatedly if he was sure that it would work in Costa Rica only by switching Sim cards and he told me yes. Something about AT&T allowing it in order to not lose sales to unlocked phones.
    Ugh...AT&T is TRLY the wrong carrier to mention when talking about locked/unlovked phones. There is no eay AT&T iphone would be unlocked....but Apple Store does sell them factory unlocked. Unless something drastic changed that i dont know about.

Are you just buying a device? Not buying a device and a contract right? Because if you are judt purchasing the device, demand that it be factory unlocked.