+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating Gevey unlocked iPhone 4 without original Sim

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I've got an Gevey unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and planning to restore and update to 5.0.1 to JB. But I lost my AT&T sim card and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Activating Gevey unlocked iPhone 4 without original Sim
    Hi.
    I've got an Gevey unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and planning to restore and update to 5.0.1 to JB.
    But I lost my AT&T sim card and can't get hold of another one as I live in South AfricA. After restoring and updating, will a redSn0w JB automatically activate it? And is it tried & tested? As I do not want my phone to be unlockable forever.
    Help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rids103 View Post
    Hi.
    I've got an Gevey unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and planning to restore and update to 5.0.1 to JB.
    But I lost my AT&T sim card and can't get hold of another one as I live in South AfricA. After restoring and updating, will a redSn0w JB automatically activate it? And is it tried & tested? As I do not want my phone to be unlockable forever.
    Help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks
    Hi there.

The newest versions of redsn0w (0.9.10b1 through b4) will hacktivate the phone together with the jailbreak so yes there should be no problem.

Redan0w can also create a custom ipsw in the extras section so you can restore while preserving baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay thanks, gonna try it out alil later.
    Much appreciated

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rids103 View Post
    Okay thanks, gonna try it out alil later.
    Much appreciated
    No problem! If you need anything please ask!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 4 with preserved baseband using the gevey ultra, it unlocks the iPhone perfectly. However I want to activate facetiem and iMessage and when i try to install SAM the iPhone reboots and it gets stuck on activation required and it asks for a wifi network to try and activate the iPhone. I know this is weird since i have used it in other phones and i works fine. I wonder what can I do.

THanks

Gary

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garygrajales View Post
    Hello everyone, I have an iPhone 4 with preserved baseband using the gevey ultra, it unlocks the iPhone perfectly. However I want to activate facetiem and iMessage and when i try to install SAM the iPhone reboots and it gets stuck on activation required and it asks for a wifi network to try and activate the iPhone. I know this is weird since i have used it in other phones and i works fine. I wonder what can I do.

THanks

Gary
    Ho! If i remember correctly you might need the official carrier sim or activation in order to be able to use facetime and imessage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi. I've got an AT&T Gevey PRO unlocked iPhone 4 on 5.0, BB 04.10.01 and planning to upgrade and hacktivate to 5.0.1 to get an untethered JB. I did it to my friends last week and iMessage, FaceTime and Push notifications didn't seem to be workIng too well, but more importantly I couldn't restore from backup in iTunes. Will the SAM Cydia app sort out all these problems and activate it correctly? And is it compatible with my version, SIM etc and will my unlock still be there?
    Thanks
    Help would be very much appreciated!