+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me with unlocking my iphone 4 DURP

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Before you say "Noob! check the guides" I acquit I don't have much time because i rarely ever get internet time at the moment. If this could all be clarified
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help me with unlocking my iphone 4 DURP
    Before you say "Noob! check the guides" I acquit I don't have much time because i rarely ever get internet time at the moment. If this could all be clarified to me as quickly and simply as possible by some one who knows their business I would be much obliged.

I am running firmware 4.11.08 and what I have discerned is that I can't break the broadband lock with any current jailbreaks unless I downgrade. I have attempted to downgrade but when I downloaded the IPSW(S?) it gave me a winzip file that didn't contain the IPSW(S?). Also iTunes wouldn't go into DPU unless it was connected to the internet which isn't a choice I have. Should I downgrade my iTunes version?

I have read that redsn0w only works on macs and pwn DPU only works on mac is this true? Should I be running sn0wbreeze? I am going to be downloading all of these files and then putting them on a USB key, then from there I will be unlocking with my friends computer who doesn't have the internet. Is it possible to release the broadband without having any access to the internet?

If I could find a decisive guide that has all the information that I could print off and look over that would be great.

I am running 5.0.1, is it possible to crack my phone and still have the latest iOS?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colonelsanders View Post
    Before you say "Noob! check the guides" I acquit I don't have much time because i rarely ever get internet time at the moment. If this could all be clarified to me as quickly and simply as possible by some one who knows their business I would be much obliged.

I am running firmware 4.11.08 and what I have discerned is that I can't break the broadband lock with any current jailbreaks unless I downgrade. I have attempted to downgrade but when I downloaded the IPSW(S?) it gave me a winzip file that didn't contain the IPSW(S?). Also iTunes wouldn't go into DPU unless it was connected to the internet which isn't a choice I have. Should I downgrade my iTunes version?

I have read that redsn0w only works on macs and pwn DPU only works on mac is this true? Should I be running sn0wbreeze? I am going to be downloading all of these files and then putting them on a USB key, then from there I will be unlocking with my friends computer who doesn't have the internet. Is it possible to release the broadband without having any access to the internet?

If I could find a decisive guide that has all the information that I could print off and look over that would be great.

I am running 5.0.1, is it possible to crack my phone and still have the latest iOS?
    Hello.

Two things
    1) you cannot unlock 4.11.08 baseband at the moment because there is no unlock out.

2) you cannot downgrade or change baseband even if you did downgrade your ios. baseband is NOT changeable once its upgraded.

So the only thing you can do is just jailbreak it and use it as an ipod for now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Step 1:

Downgrade iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 to 4.10.01 To Unlock Using Gevey SIM – How To Guide

Step 2:

Jailbreak with redsn0w which apparently does run on Windows and I do have to get an older version of iTunes. GSM FTW.

Thanks

Step 1:

Downgrade iPhone 4 Baseband 4.11.08 to 4.10.01 To Unlock Using Gevey SIM Ė How To Guide

Step 2:

Jailbreak with redsn0w which apparently does run on Windows and I do have to get an older version of iTunes. GSM FTW.
    That DOES NOT WORK. It is old and it was referring to back when Apple was still signing 4.3.5 ios.
    Cannot happen.

Article is october 16th and i quote
    Apple is still signing iOS 4.3.5 and but you have to make hurry because as the new iOS releases Apple stop signing the old versions. So you should downgrade your iPhone as soon as possible.
    Update: (Apple has stop signing the iOS 4.3.5)

Please lets be a bit more careful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, so it is impossible to release my broadband???

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's impossible.
    Last edited by MiaField; 01-24-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks

It is impossible to UNLOcK your BASEBAND (I dont even know what releasing your broadband means lol)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lol!!! that's hilarious

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drenline View Post
    Lol!!! that's hilarious
    Member didnít know the iphone terminology well