+ Reply
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: IMEI blocked iphone4 03.10.01 can it be unblocked??

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default IMEI blocked iphone4 03.10.01 can it be unblocked??
    I bought this at a car boot sale from a guy who said he worked for a bus company and the phone was found on a bus by him put into their lost property and nobody ever claimed it so he got it.
    I sort of believe him as he was wearing a jacket with some bus logo on it.
    the guy was upfront about it being network blocked saying it was likely reported as lost.
    anyway i paid 80 for it thinking to take the chance on it and the worst i would be out is having an iphone 4 ipod

    what i'm wanting to know is can it be Unblocked?
    it is running version 4.2.1 (8c148)
    and modem firmware 03.10.01

    What are my options?

  2. #2
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    i heard it might work on other countries

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    i heard it might work on other countries
    Yea thanks for the reply... it should work fine outside the UK and i've heard of people swapping them for ones in the likes of Australia which i would be up for... but I'm not sure i would trust a person i didn't know to send me the phone. A bit of a double standard but i know i would be honest in my part of the deal.

    anyway it's an unlock i would be interested in first if that is possible or even changing the imei number to my old bricked iphone 2g if that were possible and would work

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,986
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    The newer ones you cannot change IMEIs. Also note that changing IMEIs is illegal in most countries.

    Only the original owner (the one that put the block on it can get it unblocked I beleive)

  5. #5
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    315
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Default Condition of the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BAD BILL View Post
    Yea thanks for the reply... it should work fine outside the UK and i've heard of people swapping them for ones in the likes of Australia which i would be up for... but I'm not sure i would trust a person i didn't know to send me the phone. A bit of a double standard but i know i would be honest in my part of the deal.

    anyway it's an unlock i would be interested in first if that is possible or even changing the imei number to my old bricked iphone 2g if that were possible and would work
    How is the condition of the phone? in case if you are ok i will like to trade.. i have a 3 months old iPhone 4 locked to AT&T with 4.11.08 baseband

  6. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    The newer ones you cannot change IMEIs. Also note that changing IMEIs is illegal in most countries.

    Only the original owner (the one that put the block on it can get it unblocked I beleive)
    I had read somewhere that it may be illegal but my thinking if it's my bricked old iphone that will never work again that i'm replacing the IMEI number for it shouldn't be that big a deal.. Plus i genuinely believe the iphone i bought was a non-claimed Lost & Found item and not stolen but as i'm not the person who reported it lost i won't be able to get it reactivated the normal way.

    As i have said i would love to know is it even possible to unblock the phone in some way?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,986
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    No matter if you take a dead phones IMEI number or not still illegal.

    This forum can't help with that type of illegal activity. So if someone tells you how they will receive an infraction and the post will be removed.

  8. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    No matter if you take a dead phones IMEI number or not still illegal.

    This forum can't help with that type of illegal activity. So if someone tells you how they will receive an infraction and the post will be removed.
    My apologies.. i don't want to get anyone including me in the bad books i didn't think it was illegal everywhere so it may have been OK to post about it... Apologies again for putting my foot in it

    I better just keep looking to see if an unblock is possible and forget about the IMEI route

    UNBLOCK ideas Anyone??

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG BAD BILL View Post
    I bought this at a car boot sale from a guy who said he worked for a bus company and the phone was found on a bus by him put into their lost property and nobody ever claimed it so he got it.
    I sort of believe him as he was wearing a jacket with some bus logo on it.
    the guy was upfront about it being network blocked saying it was likely reported as lost.
    anyway i paid 80 for it thinking to take the chance on it and the worst i would be out is having an iphone 4 ipod



    what i'm wanting to know is can it be Unblocked?
    it is running version 4.2.1 (8c148)
    and modem firmware 03.10.01

    What are my options?
    Hi would you sell it ?? if so how much would you wont for it and where are you based ?? i could come and collect today Thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts