+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone I'm new to this so please don't flame me. I have 4S which I jailbreaked with Absinthe yesterday. From what I read upgrading to 5.0.1 will ruin chances
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlock 5.0.1
    Hey everyone I'm new to this so please don't flame me. I have 4S which I jailbreaked with Absinthe yesterday. From what I read upgrading to 5.0.1 will ruin chances of an unlock. Unfortunately I upgraded long before I knew this. Am I totally out of luck, or will a 5.0.1 unlock be released eventually? Thank you.

Firmware: 1.0.13
    Last edited by joseph82; 01-22-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added firmware

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe. Since users on this forum are typically musclenerd or anyone else working on an unlock, no one can give a for sure answer. Musclenerd said on his twitter (@musclenerd) that it is safer to stay on 5.0 instead of 5.0.1. That is the only information that anyone can give without going into speculation...are you totally out of luck? Dunno. Will an unlock be released eventually? Dunno.

Musclenerd advised staying on 5.0 since earlier basebands are easier to unlock. Perhaps (this is just me speculating so I am not really answering your question) an unlock will come out for 5.0.1 at some time...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cloudxvii View Post
    Maybe. Since users on this forum are typically musclenerd or anyone else working on an unlock, no one can give a for sure answer. Musclenerd said on his twitter (@musclenerd) that it is safer to stay on 5.0 instead of 5.0.1. That is the only information that anyone can give without going into speculation...are you totally out of luck? Dunno. Will an unlock be released eventually? Dunno.

Musclenerd advised staying on 5.0 since earlier basebands are easier to unlock. Perhaps (this is just me speculating so I am not really answering your question) an unlock will come out for 5.0.1 at some time...
    Thanks. I guess I just have to hope... I sent a message to Musclenerd to inquire, hopefully he'll drop by.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I to was wondering the same thing.. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Just have to wait and see

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseph82 View Post
    Hey everyone I'm new to this so please don't flame me. I have 4S which I jailbreaked with Absinthe yesterday. From what I read upgrading to 5.0.1 will ruin chances of an unlock. Unfortunately I upgraded long before I knew this. Am I totally out of luck, or will a 5.0.1 unlock be released eventually? Thank you.

Firmware: 1.0.13
    Hi there. At the moment there is no unlock as far as I know....