Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appple Blacklisting iPhones

Default Appple Blacklisting iPhones
    I'm an Apple tech and have been unlocking phones for people. For those who have bricked their phones, or have had any other problems with the phone... Apple is "blacklisting them" by notating the results in their internal database when you take it to them to look at in the Apple Stores. If you have taken your phone to Apple and want to know if they've "blacklisted you" email me your serial number to [email protected] and I'll let you know. I've seen different notes, here's a screen shot from one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -blacklist.jpg  

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

and why would u think I want to be in that blacklist from giving u my #? lol I know my phone is not in the list cuz I never went to an apple store for anything.
     Think Different

while your at it, send him your social and you entire name, birthdate and any other information he might need to make your life that much easier.

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeh, apple doesn't read these boards......riiiight.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

lol thinking same thing...

So, you're an Apple Tech, and this was only your fourth post. You do know that it's perfectly within Apple's rights to track you down via this board and your IP address and fire you right?! This might be a good one for the mods to block, you're obviously phishing for something.

scam!!!!!

lol, whatever. first, you dont have to be an Apple Employee to have their Certs. 2nd off, if I was an Apple employee I wouldnt have any notes to put in by having your serial number. what could I notate.. "this person sent me their serial on a forum" what could I possible do with a serial number? anyways, if you want my help, its there. if not, mind your business and grow up.

he is probably going to use the serial #'s to try to get the rebate. Whatever it is, it's a SCAM. Mod please delete this thread

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

come on now ..there are plenty of scams out there....

Thanks

I see no indication of a blacklist from the screenshot, which looks more like standard record keeping to me. I work in the electronics manufacturing industry (non-consumer) and we keep similar records for returns. The presence of a record in the Apple database does not equal a blacklist.

It's always a good idea to guard your personal information. Although I wouldn't give any info to this guy (or anyone else for that matter), I wouldn't hesitate to take my iPhone into the Apple Store for service. I would of course remove all 3rd party apps and return it to stock first. They recently replaced my wife's iPod Nano for a display problem no questions asked. First rate service IMO.

...and there is no reason to presume that Apple's record of the service transaction indicates that she is blacklisted.
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB

Thanks

I'm really Steve Jobs and jacobzking is my second in command Steve Wozniak. Everyone send me your IMEI's!

lol, someone did send me their IMEI instead of their serial number, but whatever. as far as the notes blacklisting the phones or not, I dont know for sure. I havent been able to find out what ILT-E means. Usually apple uses a CompTIA code as a prefix (always one letter a-d then 3 numbers; b398) to indicate what the problem is, but this ILT-E is new to me

I am the third in command Zomgwtf Iownjoonoob. send me your iphone for free unlock!

this is not a scam. i just PMed him with my SN. and he gave me the info. i can gurantee that hes legit.
    Last edited by yoitsme_1; 10-03-2007 at 10:52 PM.

since you work there can you get us the solution to downgrade our baseband from 1.1.1

lol, I am not an Apple employee, just certified so I have access to their repir notes, part numbers, etc... search my email [email protected] on craigslit, I've unlocked about 35 iPhones. I've seen a couple with the quote unquote blacklist notes on them. they may not even be derogatory notes at all, but again, I've never seen that ILT-E error so I don't know what it means; could be standard for all iPhones. Yosemite just sent me his SN and it is clean; no prior repair notes or case history. that's a good thing.

If you read my list of privledges, youll see that I can't ad notes to your serial number anyway, just view them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -privs.jpg  

and heres my certs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -certs.jpg  

heres Yosemites report; clean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -norepairs.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast