Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do 3rd party sites get unlock codes?

Default how do 3rd party sites get unlock codes?
    im sure its been asked a hundred million times and i dont need a lmgtfy link. I am on a forum so I can ask questions like this, consider this post as my search but just better as im already in the community i wish to search the knowledge of.

There are lots of sites offering unlock codes for a fee using the phones IMEI.

How do they get they generate/get the codes?

they r frauds. they say for u to give em ur IMEI code and it will b unlocked in 2 or 3 business days or so. unlocking thru IMEI is against the law if memory serves. keep in mind that even if they offer a program like black poisi0n or whatever it's called, they get ur money and u r left with nothing except empty pockets. i cannot stress enough DO NOT FALL FOR THIS! it has yet to be proven that any of these so-called sites r legit. i got an iphone 4 stuck on baseband 04.11.08 and been looking constantly for new ways to try to unlock my iphone. sadily enough there is no solution for an unlock at this time. so the only thing u can do for now is is enjoy ue very expensive ipod touch and wait till someone (if anyone) can ever unlock ur iphone. sry for ur luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^exactly waht eminem said