Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Cydia & WiFi & Unlock & Service problems

Default iPhone 3GS Cydia & WiFi & Unlock & Service problems
    Hello,
    I have 2 iPhones 3GS
    both 16 GB
    both updated to 5.0.1 with no prior jailbreak or anything..
    both on 05.16.05
    beginning of serial # 5K0327

-- This is the situation, and thank you in advance for giving me some of your time..

I took 3 phones with me to israel from the united states, 2 3GS and 1 ip4

And I needed to unlock them all for Cellcom company..
    I downloaded the newest version of redsn0w and performed the jailbreak with no problems, and then I downloaded ultrasn0w and ran it.. btw, the first time I saw it, it was 111 kb, and then when i tried to reinstall it i think it was 104 kb and now i see it 13.9 kb.. I don't know what was that, but i see it on all 3 iphones now..

but when I insert the sim card which is not a 3G simcard, it shows the carrier and the service numbers for it.. but it keeps on searching for service and it shows unknown number..

and the wifi all of the sudden would stop finding networks so i would have to restart the iphone by holding the power and home button..

and when it comes back, wifi works, but cydia wouldn't, another restart would make both cydia and wifi work but it would show less information about the carrier, and it would give a black screen every 1 min that flashes for a very short time saying you just sent a text message to a number that looks like this but it is not exactly like this "*23141423*3914183985" and it just keeps on going like that..

please help me guys, should i do the custom ipsw and try the jailbreak and unlock again?

I am new to this, please explain to me as such..

Thank you,

Perf!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Your Baseband doesn't work with Ultrasn0w. The only way to unlock the 3GS is to upgrade to iPad Baseband 6.15.00.

I think you should restore the phone on iOS 4.1, use RedSn0w 0.9.6rc18 to jailbreak the phone, then reuse RedSn0w 0.9.6rc18 to install iPad Baseband. After iPad Baseband has been upgraded, use ultrasn0w and phone will be unlockable.

But beware, once you go to iPad Baseband, there is no turning back.

What version is your iPhone 4 running on? If its under iOS5, you may be able to use Gevey Sim.
    Last edited by b0bab0i; 01-07-2012 at 09:52 PM.

b0bab0i, thank you a lot for taking the time to help me out..

So right now I should install the ipad baseband first, and then I would have to restore to a previous edition, and then jailbreak and unlock it and finally upgrade back to 5.0.1?

and the gevey sim, well I don't have one, and i don't think i have the time to wait for it in mail..
    Last edited by perf; 01-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perf View Post
    b0bab0i, thank you a lot for taking the time to help me out..

So right now I should install the ipad baseband first, and then I would have to restore to a previous edition, and then jailbreak and unlock it and finally upgrade back to 5.0.1?

and the gevey sim, well I don't have one, and i don't think i have the time to wait for it in mail..
    Just follow the steps I posted.

1.Downgrade/restore to iOS 4.1 since apple is still signing it for 3GS.
    2. Use RedSn0w 0.9.6rc18 to jailbreak the phone.
    3. Use RedSn0w 0.9.6rc18 to install iPad BB.
    4 Open Cydia and install ultrasn0w 1.2.5

Phone should be unlockable now. You don't need to upgrade to 5.0.1, but if you want to:
    5. Use Pwnagetool 5.0.1 and create a custom IPSW. (Need a Mac)
    6. Restore iPhone with the custom IPSW.
    7 Open Cydia and install ultrasn0w 1.2.5.

I think these steps are right but maybe let some other members confirm. Its what I did to unlock a few 3GS.

And warning: Once you go to iPad Baseband, you can never go back.
    Last edited by b0bab0i; 01-07-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Thank you for your help, I was just wondering, can't i just restore it to 5.0.1 after the restoration for the bb to make it like ipad, and then just jailbreak and unlock it, I assume that would work.. wouldn't it?

Thanks

Thank you for your help, I was just wondering, can't i just restore it to 5.0.1 after the restoration for the bb to make it like ipad, and then just jailbreak and unlock it, I assume that would work.. wouldn't it?
    It should work, I don't know of anyone that has tried it though, because most of the people that went to iPad BB did it before iOS5. So all of these people did it with the steps that i listed above before 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak was released.

You could try just installing iPad BB in 5.0.1 and check if everything is working fine. Post results after!

This guy is asking the exact same thing as you.
    iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1 and 6.15.00

this is what happened, i didn;t know that itunes didn't allow downgrading, so I tried again in dfu for the iphone 3gs to install 4.1 with no tinyumbrella, and when i got it and downloaded TU, it saved 2 blobs for iphone 3gs, 1 for 5.0.1 and 1 for 4.1..

and i tried both with tinyumbrella, but now im stuck in recovery mode, i tried recboot, fixrecovery from the website of tinyumbrella, and from the software itself..

everything failed..

i kept on getting errors while downgrading, 20, 21, 1015, 1600..

Thanks

this is what happened, i didn;t know that itunes didn't allow downgrading, so I tried again in dfu for the iphone 3gs to install 4.1 with no tinyumbrella, and when i got it and downloaded TU, it saved 2 blobs for iphone 3gs, 1 for 5.0.1 and 1 for 4.1..

and i tried both with tinyumbrella, but now im stuck in recovery mode, i tried recboot, fixrecovery from the website of tinyumbrella, and from the software itself..

everything failed..

i kept on getting errors while downgrading, 20, 21, 1015, 1600..
    When you downgrade to 4.1 you should be getting 1015 error, then you use TinyUmbrella to kick it out by hitting "exit Recovery".

This is the guide that i used to downgrade,jailbreak and unlock.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...77&postcount=3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to b0bab0i For This Useful Post:

perf (01-12-2012)

Thanks

read this lil simple post.

3GS Unlocking

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone Prime View Post
    read this lil simple post.

3GS Unlocking
    thank you for helping, you were awesome, I managed to restore my iphone to stock 5.0.1, after that, I installed iPad BB and managed to unlock it and it has been working perfectly ever since then..

1 more question though, can I install iPad BB on iPhone 4? 4.08.11

with my second iphone 3GS, I tried to install ipad BB without even checking if its new bootrom or old one... turned out it was the new one, and now i am trying to fix it... im trying to go back to 4.3.3 because fixrecovery is for that fw, and then maybe install ipad bb if it isn't already there, so i can install 5.0.1 afterwards.. im still very confused because i'm new to this..
    and if that doesn't work i will try to install custom ipsw

Thanks

thank you for helping, you were awesome, I managed to restore my iphone to stock 5.0.1, after that, I installed iPad BB and managed to unlock it and it has been working perfectly ever since then..

1 more question though, can I install iPad BB on iPhone 4? 4.08.11

with my second iphone 3GS, I tried to install ipad BB without even checking if its new bootrom or old one... turned out it was the new one, and now i am trying to fix it... im trying to go back to 4.3.3 because fixrecovery is for that fw, and then maybe install ipad bb if it isn't already there, so i can install 5.0.1 afterwards.. im still very confused because i'm new to this..
    and if that doesn't work i will try to install custom ipsw
    No you can't.