+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 5.0.1 JB - Invalid SIM even with SAMPrefs - CANNOT Activate

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So my iphone is on 5.0.1 UNtethered JB with 4.10.01 BB. I got my phone hactivated by jailbreaking the iphone since it wouldnt activate the phone prior to the jailbreaking
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 5.0.1 JB - Invalid SIM even with SAMPrefs - CANNOT Activate
    So my iphone is on 5.0.1 UNtethered JB with 4.10.01 BB.

I got my phone hactivated by jailbreaking the iphone since it wouldnt activate the phone prior to the jailbreaking even with legit (but not active) ATT Sim.

Now jailbroken, I tried using SAM but itunes keep saying it is invalid, I tried many different methods and configuration regarding the SAM but nothing works. (It is factory activated btw, aka Hackitvated)

I am also unlocked via Gevey sim Using t-mobile.

Does anyone have any solution regarding to this issue?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

You sure it is a ATT locked iPhone? What problems were you getting when trying to activate with the ATT sim you have?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    You sure it is a ATT locked iPhone? What problems were you getting when trying to activate with the ATT sim you have?
    Positive thats it's ATT locked, its not my first time jailbreaking an iphone, in fact, it's how I made money in High School.

When I tried to activate it with ATT MicroSim, itunes refuse to do so and displays a long paragraph that can be summed up "Invalid Sim Card, I won't activate the iphone until you insert a legit Sim Card".

I gave up, I procede to jailbreak the iphone via redsn0w. Then installed SAMPrefs but still Hackivated.

Thanks

Then something is wrong with your ATT sim card. I activate them all the time just fine. I have a few of them I keep lying around.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have two of them. They both worked when I activated my sister's iphone 4. They also worked when I activated my own when restoring 4.3.3.

Both Sim card says "No Service" on the top left of the iphone screen.

Thanks

Don't need service to activate. Just need to get past the initial setup screens.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know but I cant get past the activation part for some reason. I had a real ATT sim but itunes wont accept it, and I tried many different ATT Sim.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone have a solution?

Please and thank you

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got the No service thing also.

-----
    EDIT

Don't know what I did but it fixed it self after a while of no service.
    Last edited by MiaField; 01-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

had same problem tonight. it took a while, but it finally recognized ATT after 5min.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Then something is wrong with your ATT sim card. I activate them all the time just fine. I have a few of them I keep lying around.
    I have the same problem as cybrax2 ..but i have a friend with the ATT sim... Will it possible to activate the phone with that sim?? if yes can you please tell me how to.. coz after a long struggle and reading a zillion posts iv managed to make my iphone 4 on 5.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked by gevy sim to work... i used SAM prefs and itime to activate my facetime and imessages aloing with Push... now the only struggle remains is that the phone doesnt go past the "no sim" in itunes..!!

I'm on Airtel (Indian carrier) and my friend has come down to visit ... so i have a small window to use his card...

Plz Help