Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Canīt Unlock iphone 3GS BB 6.15.00 5.0.1

Default Canīt Unlock iphone 3GS BB 6.15.00 5.0.1
    I have a iphone 3gs already went to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with redsn0w 9.10b3 and works fine but when I try to unlock with ultrasn0w 1.25 dont work keep searching and no service I already search in the web and saw a lot of people with the same problem.

Tks
    Pops

Thanks
    Thanked 15,560 Times in 7,112 Posts

What carrier you trying to use it with?

Itīs not a US Carrier but it matters what carrier? I know that if your phone is unlock work with all carriers.

Thanks

It only matters in a case like tmobile US where only 2G would work. Try reinstalling ultrasnow.

Tks Simon, I already try everything, I try also to fix ultrasnow folowing the instructions I found in this forums but nothing, I am adding ultrasnow from another source since the repo666 doenst work so I dont think that itīs the problem right? please if anyone can help me since I dont have a phone and I dont know if I can go back and unlock it in the software 4, please help, tks.

I tried one but gave me an error, I will try again

Simon tks for your help. I tried to restore ipad band but I cant in Redsn0w I got stucked in the part of fetching baseban please wait and wait for one hour one and nothing happen, is there any other way to restore or install the Ipad baseband?

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling the ipad baseband?

Thanks

Try a different computer. Redsnow should only take like 30 seconds to fetch the iPad baseband.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quenices View Post
    please if anyone can help me since I dont have a phone and I dont know if I can go back and unlock it in the software 4, please help, tks.
    Post the Stats of your phone, Baseband, iOS version, first 5 digits of your iPhone 3GS Serial.

Simon I tried in another PC and the process runs but at the end says error and thatīs it, is there other way to restore ipad BB? other than redsnow? what other options I have?

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Try a different computer. Redsnow should only take like 30 seconds to fetch the iPad baseband.

Thanks

Snowbreeze can make a custom 5.0.1 with ipad baseband I believe.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the same issue with redsn0w fetching ipad baseband, as Simon mentioned, if you use Sn0wbreeze (Windows) or PwnageTool (Mac OS), you should find that will work, then use Corona to untether the jailbreak.

Hi Simon now redsn0w is giving me this message: the connected device doesnīt support untethered options. Serial number 82019.... can you please help me

Im having the same exact problem with my 3gs. I've been trying for 2 days now. Im trying to use a Tmobile sim card, but I keep getting "invalid sim". Ive tried 3 different options that Ive found on forums and nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Im going to try it one more time from scratch-restore and all. I'll let you know what happens.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hmm are you guys installing 5.0.1 with a custom IPSW?

Yeah, using 5.0.1. Firmware is 06.15.00. Still getting "No service".

I got it! The only thing I did was went back to Redsn0w, re-jailbroke it, but instead of selecting 5.0.1 from my desktop, i just let Redsn0w use the preinstalled one, and deselected "install Cydia" (since it was already installed). Let it run through the process. I uninstalled ultrasn0w and reinstalled, rebooted the iPod and it worked.
    Last edited by Jdmluvr; 01-10-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Hi guys,

I have a 3GS on 4.2.1/redsn0w-ed, after flashing the 06.15.00 baseband. So no custom fw until now.

Until now it worked perfectly, but today I did a complete upgrade in cydia, and sinc then the phone can not communicate on 3G or on Wifi, or it even doesn't boot, gets stucked on the apple logo screen. Of course I did a restore on network settings, didn't change anything. In SBSettings I can see the IP addresses both on 3G and Wifi. The voice part of the phone works perfectly...

I don't know wether I should delete ultrasnow 1.2.5 or not and then try to reinstall it, since I cannot make the phone communicate with the internet, so there may be no way back if I screw up something... I suspect the ultrasnow upgrade caused the problem (that's the reason I post this in this thread), which I flashed today, during that complete upgrade cydia proposed. During the process I got a huge load of errors, and the message that the phone has lost internet connection...

What should I do?? I don't want to restore the phone or upgrade to higher iOS, unless I absolutely have to...

Thank you!
    Last edited by kecskesadam; 01-10-2012 at 06:58 AM. Reason: forgot something

I am installing with custon IPSW however the first time I didnt I dont know if the problem comes from that first time. I am trying to restore ipad BB but either reds0w got stuck or in the phone said error and giving up, I tried with Snowbreeze and also get stuck in dfu mode. One thing itīs very rare its that the phone keeps in searching but in general>about did mentioned the carrier that I am using. Any ideas?

Tks for your help.

Default this is easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops29 View Post
    I have a iphone 3gs already went to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with redsn0w 9.10b3 and works fine but when I try to unlock with ultrasn0w 1.25 dont work keep searching and no service I already search in the web and saw a lot of people with the same problem.

Tks
    Pops
    restore with stock 5.0.1... then flash baseband again do not install cydia,,, create a custom firmware with 5.0.1 IPSW then jailbreak with cydia and unlock