Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey unlock problem

Default Gevey unlock problem
    I am having a problem with my son's phone. It is an iphone 4 running 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.01, jailbroken with redsn0w. When I first upgraded it to 4.3.3, I had a difficult time getting it to unlock with the gevey ultra. It finally worked and was fine for about a week. Yesterday it just shut off and since then I have been unable to get it to unlock again. I have tried removing the sim, hard reset, toggling airplane mode, everything I can think of but with no luck. I cannot get it to unlock. I swapped his sim and mine and was able to get his sim to work fine in my i4 but mine would not work in his. Either sim works fine in my i4 but neither works in his. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Default Gevey help
    Hey Roy

My advice to you would be to use redsn0w to create a custom IPSW file
    that wont upgrade the baseband, and use it to upgrade your son's iphone to 5.0.1
    While you still can. Once on 5.0.1, you can use redsn0w to Jailbreak as well, if so inclined.
    if a full restore wont work as far as solving the phone's issues - your probably facing
    some form of hardware issue (either phone, sim, or gevey).

However, once you upgrade to 5.0.1, the activation process becomes a bit different:
    you must turn the pone off, turn it on, and then remove and re-insert the sim in order
    to get the message that signifies the beginning of the process.

Hope this helps

Rainz
    Last edited by Jackrainz; 01-01-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: typo
    "And on and on I search to connect
    Bu I don't wear a mask, and I have no regrets".

I am on t-mobile and need to unlock and want to jailbreak. I dont want to have a tethered jailbreak and don't have a problem staying on 4.3.3. If I go to 5.0.1 then I won't be able to go back to 4.3.3 will I?

I also found another post where they said try put a piece of tape on the sim tray and that solved the problem. I tried this, shut the phone off for about fifteen minutes and when I turned it back on, it worked fine. Anybody have any ideas or comments about how or why this worked?
    Last edited by roypaith; 01-01-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roypaith View Post
    I am on t-mobile and need to unlock and want to jailbreak. I dont want to have a tethered jailbreak and don't have a problem staying on 4.3.3. If I go to 5.0.1 then I won't be able to go back to 4.3.3 will I?

I also found another post where they said try put a piece of tape on the sim tray and that solved the problem. I tried this, shut the phone off for about fifteen minutes and when I turned it back on, it worked fine. Anybody have any ideas or comments about how or why this worked?
    5.0.1 is now officially untethered. you can download the appropriate
    tools to safely update and jailbreak your software via Dev Team Blog. If you are currently Jailbroken on 4.3.3, most chances are that you will be able to downgrade back to it.
    However, I don't know why you would want to. The reason the tape worked is that it kept the sim and gevey sim in place.
    "And on and on I search to connect
    Bu I don't wear a mask, and I have no regrets".