Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Ultrasn0w a dead/dying program?

Default Is Ultrasn0w a dead/dying program?
    Iíve been jailbreaking/unlocking for quite some time now and I am very grateful to all of you who spend your time and money finding ways around the Apple roadblocks.

I have always preserved my BB when upgrading but letís face the facts. There are very few and every day there is less, iPhones available in the world with BB 1.59.

Is there ongoing work on a software unlock for 2.10 and newer BBís or has this been deemed as impossible and left for dead? I ask because I cannot find any posts or updates on progress in this area of iPhone modding.

Thanks in advance for your knowledgeable responses.

Michael

(donít forget to donate to your developers!)
    Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

Since GeoHot switched over to Apple, no one of his caliber has been working on the soft unlock. Thus, we may not see any development in this area much. The only things left for us a to either pay for factory unlocks from Apple, or to the hardware unlock folks (geveys). I would prefer to buy factory unlocked to eliminate the unlocking part.

Musclenerd and the boyz are working on patching up some holes on the new untethered IOS 5.0.1 jailbreak. Ultrasn0w is missing from Cydia if you haven't noticed the ? Next to The Dev Team. Have patience it will be up and running agian!

It's dead.. Musclenerd has been working on a new unlock for years, and can't do it.
    U doubt they will ever get new unlocks.

Thanks

It's sad but true. Now that they sell factory unlocked phones in US now its not needed as much. On another note all carriers (that carry it)but AT&T will unlock the 4s gsm radio for you if your a customer.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Never buy a locked iphone from ebay as Carrier provider will not officially unlock it if you are not the owner under contract for this iphone. It is worth paying the extra 200 bucks and get a factory unlocked iphone as compared to locked iphone.