Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! iPhone keeps respringing by itself after essential upgrades in cydia

Default Help! iPhone keeps respringing by itself after essential upgrades in cydia
    I updated some cydia essentials and then reloaded my springboard after that my iPhone keeps respringing by itslelf at the lockscreen and I can barlely slide to unlock my phone without it respringing again I tryied to do a hard reboot but it still dose it! Someone please help me!!!

Angry Same here!
    I update MobileSubstrate (if I'm not mistaken), and I wanted to install something in Cydia, then it says "I wasn't able to locate.....", and so I restarted my phone, and bam! it keeps on respringing, I tried going to Cydia and uninstall MobileSubstrate, but I couldn't even make it to the home screen, I tried uninstalling MobileSubstrate through my computer, but I can't find the directory and I think it's too risky... So, I just entered my phone to DFU mode, and wait until someone finds a solution

Dose your computer read your iPhone? Dose it connect with iTunes because idk if mine dose? Is their a way you can restore it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario1227 View Post
    Dose your computer read your iPhone? Dose it connect with iTunes because idk if mine dose? Is their a way you can restore it?
    Yes, it does, but I think I found a fix...
    Go to your redsn0w (or whatever jailbreak tool you have), and choose "Just boot tethered right now" (in redsn0w, it's in the extras section), then follow the instuctions, and voila!, but if you reboot your device, you have to do it again...

Did it work for you that way? And what if my computer dosent detect my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario1227 View Post
    Did it work for you that way? And what if my computer dosent detect my iPhone?
    Yes, it worked fine for me, If your computer doesn't detect your phone, well, you're screwed... Or try using another computer.

thank you! it did work for me! would you have any idea how to update from 5.0 to 5.0.1?? i want to make my iphone untethered so i dont have problems anymore. the only thing is that my computer doesnt detect my phone on itunes?