Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-28-2011, 09:26 PM #1
I am an android phone user, but have been tasked with unlocking/jailbreaking my gf's iphone 4. I must say that you apple people are willing to put up with lots of unnecessary complicatedness unlike us rooted android users. But anyways, I have some questions and appreciate the answers in advance.
1. I want to preserve the basband so it will never update and be 'unlockable'. Does this require a jailbreak, such as pwnage? And what the hell are SHSHs? Basically, how can I make this phone forever 'unlockable'?
2. When I'm looking into jailbreaking, I've noticed that 4.3.5 only currently has a teathered jailbreak. Can I downgrade my ios to 4.3.3 so that I can have an unteathered jailbreak? How do I do this?
3. If I want to upgrade to 5.0.1 after I preserve all the baseband and stuff, can I still have an unteathered jailbreak?
4. After I activate the phone to T-Mobile, will she be able to use the data? Or do I have to go change the settings so it will recognize her network? I know she won't be able to use 3G. Are there any other settings or things I should know about to get her phone to play nice with the T-Mobile network?
5. Assuming I'm able to get everything above done correctly, is it safe for her to plug her phone into Itunes and sync?
Thanks so much for any help provided!
Sorry, baseband should actually read 4.10.01
Last edited by cmack06; 12-28-2011 at 09:33 PM.
12-28-2011, 10:22 PM #2
There is no software unlock for your baseband. You can unlock iphone 4 with gevey sim even without a jailbreak.
To preserve your baseband, you want to restore to custom firmware of 5.0.1
12-28-2011, 10:25 PM #3
I'm sorry, my baseband is actually 4.10.01. Mistyped....
12-28-2011, 11:35 PM #4
I know , this baseband you have can be unlocked by gevey sim.