Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 5.0.1 Unlock showing "My Number Unknown"

Quote Originally Posted by cuzintheboss View Post
    My baseband is 1.59. The unlock works with facetime and iMassage but My Number says unknown. Is it because i got Ultrasn0w from somewhere and not repo666?
    Hi,
    I had the same issues. After jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with the Baseband Preservation update to iOS 5.0.1 from 4.0.2 BB 1.59.0, and unlocking it with Ultrasn0w, and Since I don't have an official SIM to active my iPhone, I had to hactivate it, but then read about SAM. I installed and follow the procedures recommended. At first it did not work, but I used the 'manual' option and picked a US Carrier and one of the SIMIDs provided, then I turned it off and back on, which gave me a SIM error, but turned off again and back on and it worked.I ran into these issues (unknown number, iMessage & Facetime Awaiting for Activatio). Please note I am not sure which of the following steps fixed the issue, but as I research for a while I did the following and my number is now showing, which also
    activated iMessage and Facetime after my number came up:
    1. I went to Settings and switched iMessage off and Facetime.
    2. I then went to Carrier from Settings and Turned Automatic Off.
    3. From there I turned Airplane Node On, waited about 10 seconds and turned it back on.
    4. The proceded to General from Settings and clicked on Date & Time and set the 'Set Automatically' to Off - this set the time zone to NY (I had it set to NY before) - (note here that I am in Kuwait - I bought the phone in the States locked to AT&T a while ago).
    5. Went back to Settings and looked under Phone and noticed the number was now Showing.
    6. I proceeded to turn iMessage and Facetime on and it activated both.
    Note here I did not have to do a Hard Boot or restart, everything just started working after doing the above. I also Enabled and Disabled Restriction under Settings > General.
    I hope this works for all of you out there looking to fix the unknown number issues (and hopefully iMessage and Facetime Activation as well.)
    Again, try these steps (no particular order, but try them in the order I have them), and let me know if your issues were fixed.
    Good Luck All.
    Big Thanks to the Jailbreak Community for their contributions, hard work and dedication.
    Att:MaXteRbLaXtEr.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelyflaco For This Useful Post:

fircic (06-16-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyflaco View Post
    Hi,
    I had the same issues. After jailbreaking my iPhone 4 with the Baseband Preservation update to iOS 5.0.1 from 4.0.2 BB 1.59.0, and unlocking it with Ultrasn0w, and Since I don't have an official SIM to active my iPhone, I had to hactivate it, but then read about SAM. I installed and follow the procedures recommended. At first it did not work, but I used the 'manual' option and picked a US Carrier and one of the SIMIDs provided, then I turned it off and back on, which gave me a SIM error, but turned off again and back on and it worked.I ran into these issues (unknown number, iMessage & Facetime Awaiting for Activatio). Please note I am not sure which of the following steps fixed the issue, but as I research for a while I did the following and my number is now showing, which also
    activated iMessage and Facetime after my number came up:
    1. I went to Settings and switched iMessage off and Facetime.
    2. I then went to Carrier from Settings and Turned Automatic Off.
    3. From there I turned Airplane Node On, waited about 10 seconds and turned it back on.
    4. The proceded to General from Settings and clicked on Date & Time and set the 'Set Automatically' to Off - this set the time zone to NY (I had it set to NY before) - (note here that I am in Kuwait - I bought the phone in the States locked to AT&T a while ago).
    5. Went back to Settings and looked under Phone and noticed the number was now Showing.
    6. I proceeded to turn iMessage and Facetime on and it activated both.
    Note here I did not have to do a Hard Boot or restart, everything just started working after doing the above. I also Enabled and Disabled Restriction under Settings > General.
    I hope this works for all of you out there looking to fix the unknown number issues (and hopefully iMessage and Facetime Activation as well.)
    Again, try these steps (no particular order, but try them in the order I have them), and let me know if your issues were fixed.
    Good Luck All.
    Big Thanks to the Jailbreak Community for their contributions, hard work and dedication.
    Att:MaXteRbLaXtEr.
    I can confirm that doing this in the specified order has turned on and activated both iMessage and FaceTime on my phone as well as no longer listing my phone number as unknown. Thank you for this!

Edit: it's been a few days and my FaceTime, while still activated, only works for my email address. iMessage toggle won't stay on again (same problem as I've had before) but the only difference is my phone number is still listed under Phone where before this it was listed as unknown. I'm not sure what has happened between then and now for iMessage to just stop, but I haven't installed or changed any settings. Such a let down, even though it had worked for a brief moment.
    Last edited by Cher; 01-02-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Update situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12