+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No MMS Messaging option in iPhone 4 running iOS 5!? Help!?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Above are screenshots from my iPhone 4 running iOS5. As you can see, there is no MMS Messaging option available in the Settings>Messages. Also, No '@' sign on keyboard in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question No MMS Messaging option in iPhone 4 running iOS 5!? Help!?
    No MMS Messaging option in iPhone 4 running iOS 5!? Help!?-img_0007.pngNo MMS Messaging option in iPhone 4 running iOS 5!? Help!?-img_0008.png
    Above are screenshots from my iPhone 4 running iOS5. As you can see, there is no MMS Messaging option available in the Settings>Messages. Also, No '@' sign on keyboard in New Message option. Due to this, I am not able to compose any iMessages as I cannot enter apple id's without '@' sign. Please help!?

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

That's because it's not an AT&T phone. Your gonna need to find a way to make MMS works for that carrier, same for tmobile. Tmobile does the same problem (no mms) but when you change the network settings, it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Figured it out
    Just had to put in the MMSC and MMS proxy in the settings > general > network > Cellular data network. Finally its working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here's how to get iMessage and FaceTime and push notifications working just in case you need itFacetime, iMessage, Push Notifications on iPhone 4 iOS 5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harshmehta View Post
    Just had to put in the MMSC and MMS proxy in the settings > general > network > Cellular data network. Finally its working
    Just like to comment that some carriers hide this menu setting above, so you can't input your APN settings.

I've had weird issues with my iphone. These settings use to be pulled down from my carrier but after 5.0.1 came out, doesn't seem to anymore.
    Last edited by 2k1; 01-06-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Spam