+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock with Gevey on 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I want to update my iPhone 4 and preserve the baseband. I use the gevey ultra which works well but I need a Cydia package called furiousmod for the iPhone
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Unlock with Gevey on 5.0.1
    I want to update my iPhone 4 and preserve the baseband. I use the gevey ultra which works well but I need a Cydia package called furiousmod for the iPhone to boot to t-mobile by itself without having to physically dial 112 everytime. Does anyone know if furiousmod works on ios 5.0+? I have read that if I update and preserve my baseband I would have to manually dial the 112 thing which is a deal breaker

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah unfortunately if you preserve your baseband and update to iOS 5 then the furiousmod no longer works and you'll have to do the manual 112 process everytime. Applenberry need to update the furiousmod process to work with iOS 5 because as of right now it will only work with 4.3.5 and lower.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know that furious mod only works up to 4.3.3 I spoke to Applenberrry sales rep yesterday and they say that Gevey Ultra will not work on ios 5.0.1 and I have seen conflicting reports online of various Geveys working/not working. Does anyone know "for certain" if Gevey Ultra works on 5.0.1?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can confirm that my iPhone 4 works on 5.0.1 with a preserved baseband of 2.10 with my Gevey Ultra. The only difference is that furiousmod doesn't work and the unlocking process has to be done manually everytime like the older Gevey sims.

Green Apple
    Thanks

+1 my iphone 4 on ios 5.0.1 with gevey and t-mobile work fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same here, updated to 5.0.1 and furiousmod does not work.

It does work manually however.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am a newbie here, so I apologize if I ask some stupid questions. I have an iPhone 4, ver 4.3.5 Baseband 04.10.01 that I upgraded to 5.0.1. I used PwnageTool last night and I was able to preserve the baseband. I activated the phone using ATT SIM that I borrowed from a friend. When I put back my Tmobile + Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry, the phone asked me to activate again, which I can't. If I take out the card, I can go in to iPhone. Could someone advise where I did wrong in my process? Should I try a different method (redsnow?). I have used PwnageTool before on my iPhone 3 and it never failed.
    Please advise.

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

After the activation, did you hook it back to the computer and run iTunes? If not, this may be the missing step. You may want to put your friend's AT&T SIM back in the iphone and sync with iTunes one time. After that you can use gevey with other SIM. Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, initially I did it with my ATT iPad2 card and sync it with iTunes and it didn't work. Then this morning tried it with my friend SIM but didn't reconnect it. I finally have somebody re-jailbreak with redsnow and I paid $25 and it works fine now. I can attest that Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry is working.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just want to get clarification on my iPhone 4 - ver 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01 with Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry (6 wks old Gevey).

I just upgraded today - somebody did it with Redsnow - Windows version (it costs $25 which I am OK. I did it myself last night using PwnageTool in Mac. But I can't never passed the Activation process - which led me to believe, that either Pwnage Tool is not perfect, or I didn't do it correctly....)

After jailbreaking today, It is working OK, but several things changed in the way Gevey works.

Before: (ver 4.3.5 baseband 04.10.01)
    - my network setting for 3G is ON, Cellular Data is ON and Data Roaming is ON
    - if I reboot, go to Settings - Phone - Sim Application and Instructions then click "ACCEPT"
    - I will see 1 Bar and then dial 112 etc....

After: (ver 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01)
    - if my 3G is ON, I can't use my Gevey and can't activate it.
    - my new network setting: 3G is off, Cellular Data is On and Data Roaming is On
    - after reboot, go to Settings - Phone - Sim Application and Instructions then click "ACCEPT"
    - even if I wait, I can't see 1 bar to show up as I did before. But if I proceed with the step of dialing 112 etc, at the end it still unlocks for me.

Questions:
    - is it normal that procedures changed due to upgrade to 5.0.1
    - if I ever go to the area where 3G might be available - does it mean that I can't ever turn 3G on?
    - can I ever go back to the way it was when I reboot?

I appreciate any advice....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

See my reply in your other two threads.... 8-))

Quote Originally Posted by kawanku View Post
    I just want to get clarification on my iPhone 4 - ver 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01 with Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry (6 wks old Gevey).

I just upgraded today - somebody did it with Redsnow - Windows version (it costs $25 which I am OK. I did it myself last night using PwnageTool in Mac. But I can't never passed the Activation process - which led me to believe, that either Pwnage Tool is not perfect, or I didn't do it correctly....)

After jailbreaking today, It is working OK, but several things changed in the way Gevey works.

Before: (ver 4.3.5 baseband 04.10.01)
    - my network setting for 3G is ON, Cellular Data is ON and Data Roaming is ON
    - if I reboot, go to Settings - Phone - Sim Application and Instructions then click "ACCEPT"
    - I will see 1 Bar and then dial 112 etc....

After: (ver 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01)
    - if my 3G is ON, I can't use my Gevey and can't activate it.
    - my new network setting: 3G is off, Cellular Data is On and Data Roaming is On
    - after reboot, go to Settings - Phone - Sim Application and Instructions then click "ACCEPT"
    - even if I wait, I can't see 1 bar to show up as I did before. But if I proceed with the step of dialing 112 etc, at the end it still unlocks for me.

Questions:
    - is it normal that procedures changed due to upgrade to 5.0.1
    - if I ever go to the area where 3G might be available - does it mean that I can't ever turn 3G on?
    - can I ever go back to the way it was when I reboot?

I appreciate any advice....

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone had problems with push
    i dont get any push notifications and i cant fix it
    anyone know how to fix?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys, so I use bought an iPhone 4 with the 5.0.1 iOS and a firmware bb of 04.11.08. I used Redsn0w to jailbreak the iPhone and then tried using ultrsn0w for an unlock but its seems like its not compatible with the bb I have. Can someone point me or direct me as to how can I unlock the bb or change the firmware and have iOS 5?

Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok - I have to say I was skeptical. I have a Iphone 4; jailbroke on 4.3.3 and bb 4.10.01 using Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry and autounlocking with FuriousMod.

I was reluctant to upgrade to 5.0.1 because I really didn't want to loose the convenience of the FuriousMod auto unlock.

There have been alot of postings her on Modmyi and over at Macrumors about a FuriousMod tweak that would work with Gevey on Ios 5.0.1

I finally took the "plunge" tonight and upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 and installed the FuriousMod "mod" from the Squuiid repo and "it worked perfectly!!!

Here is what I did:
    1) Backed up via itunes before starting
    2) Used Redsnow (mac) 9.10.b3 to created custom 5.0.1 firmware with preserved 4.10.01 baseband
    3) Restored cfw via itunes
    4) Rebooted and activated; setup with itunes backup
    5) Jaibroke (Redsnow) and installed Cydia

I then rebooted with the TMobile and Gevey
    followed the process for manual unlock (e.g 112 dial, etc)
    Got TMobile signal

Then went to Cydia; added source //cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuidd/ and added FuriousMod(tweaked) 1.1.0

Rebooted and the auto-unlock worked flawlessly 1st time.

I was a skeptic, but this was worth taking a shot at!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rmsmillertime For This Useful Post:

psx0529 (01-07-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmsmillertime View Post
    Ok - I have to say I was skeptical. I have a Iphone 4; jailbroke on 4.3.3 and bb 4.10.01 using Gevey Ultra from ApplenBerry and autounlocking with FuriousMod.

I was reluctant to upgrade to 5.0.1 because I really didn't want to loose the convenience of the FuriousMod auto unlock.

There have been alot of postings her on Modmyi and over at Macrumors about a FuriousMod tweak that would work with Gevey on Ios 5.0.1

I finally took the "plunge" tonight and upgraded to IOS 5.0.1 and installed the FuriousMod "mod" from the Squuiid repo and "it worked perfectly!!!

Here is what I did:
    2) Used Redsnow (mac) 9.10.b3 to created custom 5.0.1 firmware with preserved 4.10.01 baseband

Got TMobile signal

Then went to Cydia; added source //cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuidd/ and added FuriousMod(tweaked) 1.1.0

is it a new version of furiousmod? i thought it wasnt suppose to work

Green Apple
    Thanks

Furiousmod 2.0 is now the official update on cydia.furiousmod.com repo that works on IOS 5

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rmsmillertime View Post

Here is what I did:

Got TMobile signal

I can attest to this. I also "took the plunge" yesterday and it worked perfectly (custom firmware, kept my 03.10.01 baseband).

P.S. There's an extra "i" in that repo address: cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuiidd/ but Gevey has updated their own to Furiousmod 2.0 (at cydia.furiousmod.com).

Green Apple
    Thanks

tried it but no luck for me, i get the msg when the phone loads, hit accept, an nothing happens

i got iphone 4, 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01

is there anything else i need to do?

furious and substrats installed, works ok with my gevey pro though but i hate to go through the 112 process everytime

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do you have a real or fake gevey?

Fakes gevey used fusionmod 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 while the real one is 1.1.0 i think.

Furious Mod for Gevey on iOS 5 - MacRumors Forums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the fix for anyones issue with gevey ultra is on my only thread it teaches you how to automatically unlock dont forget to donate