+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 BB 04.10.01 + Gevey with iOS 5

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm currently using iPhone 4 with 4.3.3, BB 04.10.01 and a Gevey (possibly fake) to have my phone unlocked. I think the Gevey is fake from seeing the pictures posted
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone4 BB 04.10.01 + Gevey with iOS 5
    I'm currently using iPhone 4 with 4.3.3, BB 04.10.01 and a Gevey (possibly fake) to have my phone unlocked.

I think the Gevey is fake from seeing the pictures posted online to differentiate real and fake.

Most of the times I have to do that process of dialing 112. Very rarely do I get signal automatically from booting up my phone.

Is it possible for me to have my phone unlocked when I upgrade to iOS 5 or 5.01 using this Gevey? Would I have to get a real Gevey?

Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You can get the genuine one from www.applenberry.com . You must preserve this baseband by restoring to custom firmware created by the latest redsn0w > No bb ipsw.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2012)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Also, there is no Gevey automatic unlocking method for iOS 5. It may not be a problem for you since you're doing the manual method as of now. However, beginning with 5.0b2 apple tried to close the Gevey loophole, so the manual method is not as straight forward anymore. There are plenty of instructions on the net that you can search.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgaloi For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I have 2 iPhone 4 now.
    One is the one I mentioned above. 4.3.3 with 04.10.01 BB
    The other is. 4.0.1 with 01.59.00 BB

Can I update these 2 to iOS 5 and still have them unlocked? I rely on the unlocked since I live in a foreign country.

I see the Sticky link in the first page of the forums saying it can be unlocked for 5.0.1 but I don't see any links to the steps of how to do this.

Thank you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Create Custom IPSW using redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and use that to restore both phones so you preserve both basebands.
    Reuse redsn0w 0.9.10b3 to jailbreak both phones.

The iPhone with BB 1.59.00 just needs to install ultrasn0w 1.2.5 and you can pop the sim right in and use.
    The iPhone with BB 4.10.01 needs to use the Gevey Sim and their method of pulling in reception.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to b0bab0i For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you for that fast reply.

Any chance of having links to show this process?

I'm using a Mac to do this. I don't know if that'll make a difference or not.

Thanks

This is a good guide, but use Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 since thats the newest version out.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Without Updating the Baseband (Mac) [5.0.1]

Maybe another member knows another guide tho, because this guide doesn't go in depth on how to jailbreak, just to preserve baseband with custom IPSW.
    Last edited by b0bab0i; 01-11-2012 at 09:40 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to b0bab0i For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-11-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok. I'll wait on other links or threads that explains this deeper before I try this out.

Thanks again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well after you create your custom fw through redsn0w its pretty downhill from there as far as jailbreaking is concerned.
    You connect your device, launch redsn0w and select jailbreak, make sure your device is turned off and proceed to put your device in dfu mode. If done correctly then redsn0w will go through the motions and you'll be prompted with the option of installing cydia. Make sure "Install Cydia" is selected and proceed to jailbreak.

How to Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered with Redsn0w

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

By the way, since some of the earlier posts in December, Gevey is now unlockable and the are a few FuriousMod versions out (search posts) to use depend on your Gevey being "legit" or not. BTW - with ApplenBerry selling "legit" Gevey Ultras for $19.99, I wouldn't mess with the knock-offs

Good Luck

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rmsmillertime For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I fail in having this unlock to work, can I possibly downgrade back to 4.3.3 using the blobs?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by misterdobi View Post
    If I fail in having this unlock to work, can I possibly downgrade back to 4.3.3 using the blobs?

Thanks
    Yes, you should be able to with iFaith or TinyUmbrella. iFaith will let you save your current SHSH blobs if you weren't able to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ayusuf For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm using a Mac. Is there a specific version of TinyUmbrella or iFaith that I need to use to downgrade from 5.0.1 back to 4.3.3?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm using a Mac. Is there a specific version of TinyUmbrella or iFaith that I need to use to downgrade from 5.0.1 back to 4.3.3?
    I think iFaith is only for Windows but TinyUmbrella is for both. I think the latest version should be the best.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ayusuf For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-29-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I successfully updated my iPhone 4 BB 04.10.01 to iOS 5.0.1.

After I updated my phone, I had to go through the process of activating with the original sim-card the came with the iPhone. I don't have that simcard so I used a local simcard carrier that sells iPhone here. It didn't work the first time. I then kept going with the steps for activating this online. Somehow, the simcard worked in the middle of the process. This would not have worked before without using the GEVEY.

So at the end of this upgrading, my phone somehow became unlocked by itself. I no longer have to use the GEVEY. I have better reception and using a non official carrier of iPhone.

One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade was for the reception problems and that my PUSH isn't working properly. E-mail works but whatsapp and other apps are not working at all.

I'm worried if I try to do these steps over again to Re-activate, then I will lose this unlock.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by misterdobi; 01-29-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I successfully updated my iPhone 4 BB 04.10.01 to iOS 5.0.1.

After I updated my phone, I had to go through the process of activating with the original sim-card the came with the iPhone. I don't have that simcard so I used a local simcard carrier that sells iPhone here. It didn't work the first time. I then kept going with the steps for activating this online. Somehow, the simcard worked in the middle of the process. This would not have worked before without using the GEVEY.

So at the end of this upgrading, my phone somehow became unlocked by itself. I no longer have to use the GEVEY. I have better reception and using a non official carrier of iPhone.

One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade was for the reception problems and that my PUSH isn't working properly. E-mail works but whatsapp and other apps are not working at all.

I'm worried if I try to do these steps over again to Re-activate, then I will lose this unlock.

Any suggestions?
    Yea, that's definitely weird. I probably wouldn't try to do the process again because it seems like somewhat of a big risk. You could either have push working maybe + gevey sim or no gevey sim with push not working. If you jailbreak it you might be able to fix the push with an app from Cydia I would think? Are the apps not launching or just not receiving push messages at all? I would try googling that problem and try that. What country are you in by the way?

Best of luck.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ayusuf For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (01-30-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm in China.

I've tried reading other threads. This one: Facetime, iMessage, Push Notifications on iPhone 4 iOS 5

I did jailbreak it. Jailbreak is working fine.

Apps are working normally. Just the PUSH isn't working. I tried the method of inputting 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 into the DNS Wi-Fi settings. Rebooting. It seems to have fixed it in only one condition. WhatsApp Push works only when I'm on EDGE. I'm not on a 3G carrier so that's not an option now. When on Wi-Fi, WhatsApp Push doesn't work. Other apps still not working on both EDGE or Wi-Fi.

I don't want to reactivate because I dont want to lose this unlock. Using the GEVEY was very painful, considering that it was a fake GEVEY. Everytime I had to do the 112 trick, it would work less than 50%. The worst was at places with bad reception signals, I would get No Service and be forced to take out my simcard try in and out to do the 112 trick. Even that sometimes would not get back my bars.

Is there any other way to get PUSH working without reactivating?

Thanks.
    Last edited by misterdobi; 01-30-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Thanks

Try using SAM?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Doens't that deactivate your phone and requires you to activate it again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi , I just brought a iphone 4 from the states , version 5.0.1 , firmware 04.10.01 and I have brought gevey ultra sim to unlock it also.

Can you tell me the best way of jailbreaking and the best way of unlocking the phone.I am using the carrier Vodafone and I have to keep dialing 112 to keep baseband.

Thanks.

Hi , I just brought a iphone 4 from the states , version 5.0.1 , firmware 04.10.01 and I have brought gevey ultra sim to unlock it also.

Can you tell me the best way of jailbreaking and the best way of unlocking the phone.I am using the carrier Vodafone and I have to keep dialing 112 to keep baseband.

Thanks.
    Last edited by wintermartin; 02-14-2012 at 11:37 AM.