+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone4 BB 04.10.01 + Gevey with iOS 5

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Wintermartin, since the iphone is already on iOS 5.0.1 to jailbreak it, download Redsn0w 0.9.10b5 from the dev-team website. -Run Redsn0w, click on Jailbreak then follow instructions. For an automatic
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wintermartin, since the iphone is already on iOS 5.0.1 to jailbreak it, download Redsn0w 0.9.10b5 from the dev-team website.

-Run Redsn0w, click on Jailbreak then follow instructions.

For an automatic unlocking method, add cydia.furiousmod.com repo in Cydia then install furiousmod.
    Then reboot the iphone, about 3+ minutes a "No SIM Installed" message will popup. Tap on OK then wait for a few more minutes the phone will be unlocked.

If the above process doesn't work, follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
    - Go to Settings->General->Reset then click on Reset Network Settings
    - Reboot iphone, do manual dialing 112 process (some non-genuine Gevey need to have a manual unlock the first time)
    after that, the automatic unlocking (furiousmod) should work

Personally, I like to use UltrasnowCN than furiousmod. You can search for it in Cydia. I think modmyi repo has a copy.
    Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi ,Thanks for the reply.
    I tried what you have told me , I jailbroke the phone with the with Redsn0w 0.9.10b5 ,That all worked well.
    I add cydia.furiousmod.com and when I instail furiousmod at the end of downloading it, its goes back to cydia.
    The video I watch from gevey wesite, it should be springboard and restart your phone.Anyway it doesn't do this it goes to Cydia and when I install furiousmod it has two choices , of installments of furious mods.Only one would let you install and it was 2.0

I restart my phone manually and when you restart it , is comes with a page from Gevey ultra untether , say about installing furiousmods which I did and also going to there website GEVEY SIM

I also trying resetting network setting and dialing 112 , same things happens it works for awhile but doesn't keep baseband.

I also did a search for on cydia for modmyi but couldn't find ultrasnowCN

Do you have any other ideas what I can do to keep my baseband on my phone?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Wintermartin, do you have 3G turn on? Most of the Geveys doesn't work well when it's on. The symptom is a periodic signal searching as you described

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12