+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking unlocked iphone 4 running 4.3.5 fw?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
after going through several threads and being able to thoroughly comprehend little to nothing, i was wondering... is it possible to jailbreak my Unlocked iphone 4(using gevey sim) running baseband
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbreaking unlocked iphone 4 running 4.3.5 fw?
    after going through several threads and being able to thoroughly comprehend little to nothing, i was wondering...

is it possible to jailbreak my Unlocked iphone 4(using gevey sim) running baseband 4.10.01?

i don't mind a tethered jailbreak at all. if so can you please point me in the right direction towards accomplishing this?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

You can use Gevey sim to unlock even without a jailbreak as long as your bb is 4.10.01 and below. You can have a tethered jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.8b7

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can use Gevey sim to unlock even without a jailbreak as long as your bb is 4.10.01 and below. You can have a tethered jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.8b7
    After a quick search i ended up here: Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Redsn0w 0.9.8b7 Released - Fixes Minor Issues

So i just run this version of Redsnow how i would run any other and thats it?

(sorry for all the newbie questions, i haven't been in the jailbreaking scene since i had my original ipod touch on 1.1.2 =\)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Just this version of redsn0w and is a tethered jailbreak at 4.3.5.
    If you want to have tethered jailbreak at 5.0.1 and to be able to use Gevey sim to unlock, you need to restore only to custom firmware to preserve your last unlockable baseband to be unlocked by Gevey sim.