+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g on firmware 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 unlocked can I upgrade FW & preserve BB

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was wondering if it will make it run faster if I update the FW and preserve BB so i dont loose JB and unlock if so whats the best
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Talking iphone 3g on firmware 3.1.2 baseband 5.11.07 unlocked can I upgrade FW & preserve BB
    I was wondering if it will make it run faster if I update the FW and preserve BB so i dont loose JB and unlock if so whats the best way ? thanx!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

It won't make it run faster. Honestly if you update firmware on a 3G it will slow it down. I wouldn't worry about updating fw on a 3G. But if you do decide to do so just update it through iTunes to the most recent. 3G phones can only be updated to 4.2.1 on iTunes and that baseband is unlikable and jailbreakable.

Thanks

ok thanx its my sons im going to sell it i converted over to droids unloading all my iphones

Thanks

the 2 i have im waiting for a parts the 3g lcd has a few flaws so i got a new 1 on the way and I have a 16gb iphone 4 the goofball put a white screen on a black phone so i got a new black screen on the way it has a gun metal alum back running in iso 5 ..i'll hit u up after i get them to my standers ..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Honestly man, the screen Change for the iPhone 4 sucks. The back however is very easy to change, I would just buy a white back since it is only 10-15$ and will take only a few minutes to install, not to mention most people pay more for a white iPhone versus a black.

Also when buying an iPhone 4 screen make sure the digitizer Is also included. Unlike the 3G and 3GS the LCD and Digitizer are glued together, I haven't found a single person to successfully get them apart so you'll want to buy them as a set.

Thanks

didn't know that I just got the digitizer and trim ring .. it has a alum back but the home button is black guess i need all of it lcd,dig,with home button

Green Apple
    Thanks

You will need the LCD/digitizer combo in black. As well as a black button+ribbon. You can do the swap without the ribbon but without adhesive I wouldn't recommend it. If I were you I would Just buy the white back bro, they are cheap, install process is removing 2 screws, and an all white iPhone 4 goes for more than a black one does.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

But if you only change the back to white, then you have two color tone... Black & White.

Thanks

yep the back is cheap and easy but it has a black frame on the back white on the front with a black home button i only paid 240.00 for it
    think ill sell it as is n let someone else change it if they like ebay it buy it now 250.00 done thanx after watching vid's I c how hard if at all the Dig can only b replaced

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    But if you only change the back to white, then you have two color tone... Black & White.
    It's already two tone. The guy before him but a white screen on it but left the black back