+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: unlocking iphone 4, 4.3.1, baseband 04.10.01

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am stuck out of the US without an iphone I can use (I know you know how I feel ) I have an iphone 4, 4.3.1, baseband 04.10.01, jailbroken
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default unlocking iphone 4, 4.3.1, baseband 04.10.01
    I am stuck out of the US without an iphone I can use (I know you know how I feel )

I have an iphone 4, 4.3.1, baseband 04.10.01, jailbroken (not sure I remember how I did it - maybe you can help me figure that out to answer others).

I need it unlocked... I am ok with upgrading it to iOS5 if needed... whatever it takes (as long as I can jailbreak it). Anyone has advice how to do it? everywhere I read, it is impossible to unlock my baseband...

Thank you,

A.G

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Use Gevey sim for unlocking to any carrier.
    If you want to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1(right now there is no way to go to iOS 5.0) then use sn0wbreeze to create custom firmware and restore that in iphone by preserving baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Since I am somewhat of a newbie... let me repeat what you said...

I can use sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware (how?) to upgrade to 5.0.1 and keep my baseband? ... will I be able to unlock then? ... As i said, I am at 4.3.1 / 04.10.01 and looking for ANY method (need complete instruction - sorry) what to do to have a jailbroken phone at the end AND be able to unlock it...

If I cannot.. I will just leave it as it is now... but I REALLY need to unlock it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you don't care about iOS 5, it's better to stay on version 4. Currently, Gevey Ultra automatic unlocking method doesn't work on iOS 5 (Furiousmod), so you have to manually unlock using the dial 112 method every time your iPhone is rebooted. Beginning with iOS 5 beta2, Apple tried to close the Gevey loophole, and depending on whether you have a genuine or imitation Gevey the procedure could be a little tricky.

Since your phone is already jailbroken, just buy a Gevey Ultra and follow the instructions. It's straight forward and simple to do. I suggest to avoid imitation and buy from applenberry.com

Thanks

Gevey is the only way right now. I'd at least update to 5.0.1 and save your APticket and create a custom firmware with it for later use. Or use TU to grab your shsh and APticket for 5.0.1. If you update to 5.0.1 then make sure to use snow breeze to preserve your baseband. Also you may want to use ifaith to grab your shsh for your current firmware too and create a signed ipsw for future use as well.