+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: UNLOCK 3G 4.2.1 with bb 05.15.04 (RedSnow fails on iPad BB Fetch) HELP!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey folks., not that much a n00b wrt JB & iPad BB changes (I've done a few already). [I have searched (tried) for two days, but the forum search engine
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Unhappy UNLOCK 3G 4.2.1 with bb 05.15.04 (RedSnow fails on iPad BB Fetch) HELP!
    Hey folks., not that much a n00b wrt JB & iPad BB changes (I've done a few already).

[I have searched (tried) for two days, but the forum search engine is not functioning. Returns some programming line text lol). I resorted threads by replies and views, in hopes of scouring the thread of interest, but that didn't help either, so I'm starting a new thread .

I in fact just did a 3GS last night without problem. Then here comes this 3G and I am simply stumped. I just can't get it working. Must've tried this process ~2 dozen times . Argh!

I've found the links that get you to dl appserv & install the ipad BB to have it on your PC ready to go (bypassing the Redsnow hang/glitch from fetching it online), but THAT didn't solve it.

Does anybody have any clues?

Otherwise, this needs to be a simple process. I don't have the old bootrom to allow fuzzyband bb downgrade, so I'm stuck doing it this way-unless there's yet another way to do it.
    • Restore to new 4.2.1
    • RedSnow, tick off ipad BB,
    • DFU, Run
    • Done deal.
    Yet, I can't get it .

Green Apple
    Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drenline For This Useful Post:

bubble.tea (12-13-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

^ You're ******* AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I didn't even think about that hehe.

To be exact, last night-after giving up on the UL., I decided to JB anyway, so I wasn't sure just now if I needed to restore fresh, or if I could just do the BB switch with a JB'd device. I queued it up, took a breath and went thru with the process. It hung for about 9seconds after an iPhone should process with the fetch progress-bar, and so I started thinking nothing would work, but BINGO! Suddenly it progressed and I saw the turntable pop up on the iphone. So happy!

You-Are-Awesome!!!
    Last edited by bubble.tea; 12-13-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You're welcome lol