+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: accidentally upgraded to ios 5 (o2 uk iphone on t mobile usa)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently moved from the uk to miami and I brought my iphone(paid etf and left) with me but I have a problem, I plugged it into itunes and accidentally
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I recently moved from the uk to miami and I brought my iphone(paid etf and left) with me but I have a problem, I plugged it into itunes and accidentally upgraded to ios 5

the problem is my phone wants to be activated but it cant since I no longer have the o2 sim card(says invalid sim card and won't let me use the phone). How can I get it to at least show up normal so I can try to unlock it?

I also have a gevey sim I purchased to see if I could solve the issue with that.
    Last edited by Gabriel Figueroa; 12-04-2011 at 03:45 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Figueroa View Post
    I recently moved from the uk to miami and I brought my iphone(paid etf and left) with me but I have a problem, I plugged it into itunes and accidentally upgraded to ios 5

the problem is my phone wants to be activated but it cant since I no longer have the o2 sim card(says invalid sim card and won't let me use the phone). How can I get it to at least show up normal so I can try to unlock it?

I also have a gevey sim I purchased to see if I could solve the issue with that.
    since you were previously an o2 subscriber, did you purchase your phone subsidized with them? did you complete there requirement? if so, then you can just ask o2 to submit an IMEI unlock. this will make your phone permanently unlocked in any country. o2 will do this for there customers. i was never an o2 customer and they did this for me (i had to trick them though).