Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS 4.1 iPad Baseband No Service

Default 3GS 4.1 iPad Baseband No Service
    3GS Old Bootrom

Phone was jailbroken (untethered) on iOS 5 and 6.15.00. Installed ultrasn0w 1.2.4 via Cydia and popped in a T-Mobile SIM which comes up with No Service.

Downgraded to stock 4.1. Kicked out of recovery with TinyUmbrella. Activated on iTunes with offficial AT&T SIM and then used redsn0w 0.9.9b 7 to jailbreak and reflash iPad baseband. Installed ultrasn0w 1.2.4 via Cydia and still the same results. No service

I'm coming to the conclusion that this could possibly have something to do with ultrasn0w?

I have reflashed the iPad baseband 3-4 times now and have tried using custom 4.1 ipsw. I've even tried using custom ipsw's with the iPad baseband installed and still no luck.

Keep getting No Service with an active T-Mobile SIM

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

When you downgrade to 4.1 , kick out of recovery and use atnt sim to activate it, does it activate it before doing any jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When you downgrade to 4.1 , kick out of recovery and use atnt sim to activate it, does it activate it before doing any jailbreak.
    Yep. I never hacktivate my phones. I always use an official AT&T SIM and iTunes to activate it to get to the springboard.

Downgraded to stock 4.1. Kicked out of recovery with TinyUmbrella. Activated on iTunes with offficial AT&T SIM

The weird thing is, I had someone bring me another 3GS (new bootrom) this time. That 3GS was upgraded to stock 5.0. However his baseband was in an inconsistent state from the update. I downgraded it to 4.1 and reflashed the iPad baseband and used ultrasn0w on it and everything worked perfect.

I wonder why this one is giving me no service.... Wonder if it has anything to do with ultrasn0w or the phone being an old bootrom
    Last edited by roflc0pter; 11-26-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks

Does your atnt get service signal before any unlock ?

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Does your atnt get service signal before any unlock ?
    I don't officially have an active AT&T SIM but it does show No Service right away so I'm assuming it can pick it up.

Oh and with the T-Mobile SIM in and ultrasn0w 1.2.4 installed. I can see the carrier bar under in settings.

Thanks

Can you flash again with redsnow 0.9.9b7b, browse to stock 4.1 firmware.

I've done that twice now. Still the same results. No service.

Thanks

Have you turn off 3g yet

I am having the same problem as you.....I have 3gs with old bootrom and custom upgrade to 5.0.1 and when i found out no unlock i downgraded to 4.1 and no service now...Tried to redo the 6.15 baseband...tried 4.2.1, tried 4.3.3...Still have no service....I have tried everything...on/off airplane...uninstalled ultrasnow and reinstalled it....Some thing is up with the old bootrom......

Thanks

Flash your iphone with Ipad baseband again, you can use Redsn0w 0.9.9b7 > select Extra > select ipsw > select back > select Jailbreak > select ipad bb

I just did that i pointed it to 4.1..then did the baseband again....still no service...like the guy that started this thread....It if i go into settings,general,about...if i put any sim...it will show the carrier company....just no service

Thanks

Is this an ATNT iphone ?

Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
    I just did that i pointed it to 4.1..then did the baseband again....still no service...like the guy that started this thread....It if i go into settings,general,about...if i put any sim...it will show the carrier company....just no service
    I think our only hope now is to wait for the ultrasn0w to be updated to work with 5.0.1. Shouldn't be a problem upgrading to 5.0.1 since we have an old bootrom.

Apparently there is a method to get ultrasn0w working on 5.0.1 from HERE

I've tried it myself but no luck. I'm not sure if I did the whole CommCenterClasic part right...

I hope ultrasnow is updated soon. This is my wife's phone. She is not happy with me right now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
    I hope ultrasnow is updated soon. This is my wife's phone. She is not happy with me right now.
    I bet she isn't happy with you and no Christmas gift for you but you may want to get her a factory unlock iphone 4s as a Christmas present.

Have you tried pwnage tool to create a custom 4.1 and re-install? I have a 3gs 6.15bb on old bootrom and was unhappy with ios 5.0 (location services constantly gave me a signal drop), so I successfully downgraded to ios 4.1 using pwnage. I did not reflash the baseband.

Good Luck

4.1 Pwnage with and without iPad baseband doesn't change anything. Already tried awhile ago...