Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 and BB 6.15.00

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

@Sambran007

I'm going to quote you and create a new thread for your post so I can sticky it. Just letting you know.

(I might do some editting on it regarding the iFile thing. That's a paid app and some people may not be willing to purchase it, so I'm going to incorporate how to edit the permissions via SSH).

i.Annie also include the correct Common Centre file!
    I file worked for me is around 1MB Size
    Read the tutorial i posted

Thanks

Could you link me to it

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Could you link me to it
    Here is this
    Unlocking 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 and BB 6.15.00

Thanks

Sorry, I had to remove the link. The steps involved a cracked repo and I can't have that on here.

Thumbs up This WORKS! It seems like its complicated but not at all. Just try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambran007 View Post
    Download 3gs_5.0.1.rar for free on Filesonic.com (Download 3gs_5.0.1.rar for free on Filesonic.com)

1. iPhone

2. Jailbreak iPhone on 5.0.1

3. from cydia install iFile (do a search)

4. iFunBox ( http://dl.i-funbox.com/ifunbox_en.zip )

5. CommCentreClassic file (LOCATED IN THE 3gs_5.0.1.rar)

Step by Step:

INSTALL iFile FROM CYDIA.

Connect iphone to PC then open ifunbox go to :

raw file system ---> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/

delete CommCentreClassic and copy the CommCentreClassic ( that comes with the 3gs_5.0.1.rar )

close ifunbox.

Open iFile and go to : System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/commcentreclassic

click the Blue arrow next to the file name, go to access permissions, you'll get user group and global (World) and :

set like this:
    User: check writing, execution and reading
    Group: check writing, reading and execution
    Global (world): mark reading and execution

click done at the top

go to cydia install ultrasn0w, reboot automatically from cydia,

insert the SIM card in your iphone and should work

I installed Ultrasn0w with cydia first (like you would for other iOS) Ran ifun box, followed instructions on computer and iphone. Went back into cydia after all that and installed the 5.0.1 Ultrasn0w patch. WORKS!

Red face Soooooo
    I followed all the instructions, and re did the permissions. Phone still says" no service"
    only thing I didn't possibly do correctly( which I didnt know was a huge deal or not)

I uninstalled ultasn0w, but not the fix for it ( the fix didn't work) , and I left the Sim Card In. If this was a serious injustice, and the reason why my phone is still locked, how do I start over? should i remove the comm file? and start over again? re uninstall ALL ultrasn0w( including the fix) and leaving the sim card out and reinstall?

Help

I'm so close to getting my iBrick back to an Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Sambran007 View Post
    Download 3gs_5.0.1.rar for free on Filesonic.com (Download 3gs_5.0.1.rar for free on Filesonic.com)

1. iPhone

2. Jailbreak iPhone on 5.0.1

3. from cydia install iFile (do a search)

4. iFunBox ( http://dl.i-funbox.com/ifunbox_en.zip )

5. CommCentreClassic file (LOCATED IN THE 3gs_5.0.1.rar)

Step by Step:

INSTALL iFile FROM CYDIA.

Connect iphone to PC then open ifunbox go to :

raw file system ---> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/

delete CommCentreClassic and copy the CommCentreClassic ( that comes with the 3gs_5.0.1.rar )

close ifunbox.

Open iFile and go to : System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/commcentreclassic

click the Blue arrow next to the file name, go to access permissions, you'll get user group and global (World) and :

set like this:
    User: check writing, execution and reading
    Group: check writing, reading and execution
    Global (world): mark reading and execution

click done at the top

go to cydia install ultrasn0w, reboot automatically from cydia,

insert the SIM card in your iphone and should work
    worked like charm.. thanks for sharing the instructions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

When I try to use itunes to update my phone to 5.0.1 I get an error code 3194. All my googling seems to only be people getting it while downgrading from 5, not trying to get to it.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Nevermind... found a post stating to use TinyUmbrella to uncheck "set hosts to cydia on exit"
    Last edited by digitalreflex; 12-10-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks

I'm not sure what is going wrong now. I was able to restore to 5.0.1 and it goes to the configure screen. Since I don't have a reg sim card (use as a gophone) I can't complete it. I tried to JB it with redsn0w and the 5.0 IPSW and it looks like it works but then it just eventually gets stuck on the spinning icon that freezes and stops spinning. I've let it go overnight so I know it's not a matter of giving it time. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time JBing this 3gs.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,550 Times in 7,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalreflex View Post
    I'm not sure what is going wrong now. I was able to restore to 5.0.1 and it goes to the configure screen. Since I don't have a reg sim card (use as a gophone) I can't complete it. I tried to JB it with redsn0w and the 5.0 IPSW and it looks like it works but then it just eventually gets stuck on the spinning icon that freezes and stops spinning. I've let it go overnight so I know it's not a matter of giving it time. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time JBing this 3gs.
    I am guessing it is a new bootrom 3GS from what you have said. If that is the case when you jailbreak it you are hactivating it since you dont have an original carrier sim. Since it is a tethered jailbreak hactivating will cause it to get stuck at the apple logo. You need to use redsnow again and choose the option to boot tethered at this point.

To avoid the 3194 error you have to change your host file (google it) and or download tiny umbrella

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I am guessing it is a new bootrom 3GS from what you have said. If that is the case when you jailbreak it you are hactivating it since you dont have an original carrier sim. Since it is a tethered jailbreak hactivating will cause it to get stuck at the apple logo. You need to use redsnow again and choose the option to boot tethered at this point.
    I read from the JB instructions that it said I would need to run redsnow again to boot tethered, but it says I need to turn it off and that seems to be my problem now, I can't. I hold down power and it doesn't do anything. So I hold power and home for a few seconds and it shuts off but then comes right back on and sits at apple logo.

EDIT - Ok, I was able to get it to boot, I tried putting into DFU mode w/o bothering to try turning it off as the instructions asked and it worked. I thought I had to have it off no matter what but it seems to be working now.
    Last edited by digitalreflex; 12-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks

Ya, dont worry about the instructions redsnow gives you. You can get into pwned DFU just fine without starting off from a off position.

Thanks

Now I seem to be stuck in the same spot that xgraduatex is in, my 3gs is showing No Service after following all of Sambran007's directions. After it didn't work I also went to unlockit co.nz and installed the Cingular apn (for my gophone).

Any ideas what steps I might have missed?

EDIT - I found some info online suggesting that unlockers who update to 5.0.1 using stock firmware may have issues, even if they have 6.15 baseband, so this morning I used redsnow and redid the 6.15 baseband and it's working now. All I need now is to get pushdoctor working (for my google voice texts) and I'll be back to normal
    Last edited by digitalreflex; 12-12-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Default Take out your SIM
    Take out your SIM card. When Jailbreaking and unlocking there should be no sim inserted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpdp1 View Post
    Take out your SIM card. When Jailbreaking and unlocking there should be no sim inserted.
    Sim card in or out has no effect on jailbreaking or unlocking on a iPhone.

Quick follow up on this thread. Installing bb 6.15.00 on new boot ram worked fine? I read this may kill the phone ( not just gps)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Olson View Post
    Quick follow up on this thread. Installing bb 6.15.00 on new boot ram worked fine? I read this may kill the phone ( not just gps)
    Depends on your serial. Any iPhones produced after August 2011, installing bb 6.15.00 will brick the phone.
    Anything higher than XX135, it you cant install iPad BB.

I've figured out how to fix the no service issue using redsn0w 0.9.10b5 and ultrasn0w only. You don't need hacktivated firmware or a new repo or any special package. This at least worked for me.

1) Download redsn0w 0.9.10b5

2) In redsn0w, go to extras and select "Custom IPSW"

3) Create a custom IPSW based off of your stock 5.0.1 firmware

4) Remove your SIM card

5) Go back to extras and select "Pwned DFU"

6) After you are in your Pwned DFU state, restore to the custom firmware you made.

6) Do not put the SIM card back in or start the activation process.

7) Go back to redsn0w, click extras, and choose the "Select IPSW" option

8) Point redsn0w at the stock 5.0.1 firmware, not the custom one you made.

9) Click back and click on the "jailbreak" button.

10) Un-check install cydia and check flash ipad baseband.

11) Follow the on screen instructions. When it's done, you should be able to start the settings configuration on the phone. (Your SIM card should still be removed)

12) Go through the settings on the phone so you can get to your springboard. Make sure to leave location services turned off. You can turn them on later.

13) In redsn0w, manually select the stock 5.0.1 firmware again and click jailbreak.

14) This time, uncheck flash ipad baseband and check install cydia.

15) Jailbreak your phone

16) Go to your settings and turn off 3G and data services.

17) Open up Cydia and download ultrasn0w from the Cydia/Telesphoreo repo (you will need wifi since you have no data).

18) Install ultrasn0w and restart your springboard.

19) Insert your SIM card and finish your setup through iTunes

20) Turn your data and location services if you want.

NOTE: Your device, though working, is hacktivated. In order to fix battery issues and push notifications, install and run SAM from http://repo.bingner.com
    Last edited by svlifeguard; 02-05-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added the note about SAM

21. The Following User Says Thank You to svlifeguard For This Useful Post:

zabir (02-13-2012)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast