Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking newer 3GS on baseband 6.15.00 and iOS 5.0.1

Default Unlocking newer 3GS on baseband 6.15.00 and iOS 5.0.1
    I have a locked 2010 3GS on BB 6.15.00 and iOS 5.0.1 with another sim card carrier in it ready and I need to unlock it so I can use it.

I jailbroken it with redsn0w while pointing the 5.0 firmware (5.0.1 not accepted yet), now I need to reflash the baseband so I can unlock it with ultrasn0w but whenever I do it with redsnow in Jailbreak->Install ipad baseband (pointing 5.0 IPSW), it runs then gets to the pineapple screen and shuts down at "flashing baseband (don't interrupt)". How can I fix this? (PS: Sometimes it also stops at the white text on black screen at "mounting rootfs/ ERROR!" or "no IPSW downloaded in 60000 ms, giving up!"

Any better way to unlock my iPhone?

ty!
    Last edited by Azote; 11-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.

i think you dont need to flash the baseband since you are already in 6.15
    Install ultrasn0w from Cydia and restart the device twice

I only install ultrasn0w thru Cydia and it should be unlocked? Cause I tried that while removing SIM card several times.

Default Unlock 5.0.1 with 6.15 Baseband
    It is not necessary to install the ipad baseband if your already at 6.15.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Azote View Post
    I have a locked 2010 3GS on BB 6.15.00 and iOS 5.0.1 with another sim card carrier in it ready and I need to unlock it so I can use it.

I jailbroken it with redsn0w while pointing the 5.0 firmware (5.0.1 not accepted yet), now I need to reflash the baseband so I can unlock it with ultrasn0w but whenever I do it with redsnow in Jailbreak->Install ipad baseband (pointing 5.0 IPSW), it runs then gets to the pineapple screen and shuts down at "flashing baseband (don't interrupt)". How can I fix this? (PS: Sometimes it also stops at the white text on black screen at "mounting rootfs/ ERROR!" or "no IPSW downloaded in 60000 ms, giving up!"

Any better way to unlock my iPhone?

ty!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

You cannot unlock at iOS 5.0.1 because ultrasnow is not updated yet. Downgrade to 4.1 to get signal.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-24-2011 at 01:59 PM.

If you value your money and your phone do not USE any unlocking sites.