+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock iphone 4s 4 3gs any baseband firmware 5.0.1 without jailbreaking?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    Thanks
    Default Unlock iphone 4s 4 3gs any baseband firmware 5.0.1 without jailbreaking?
    I have read this on different websites, that iphones locked to at&T could be unlocked without jailbreaking, and it is not only for 4s, it said that would work on 4g and 3gs to. The tutorial is like follows:

Step 1: Insert your AT&T SIM into your iPhone 4S/4/3GS

Step 2: Call to 611, AT&T’s customer service number. Once you’ve dropped the call, activate Airplane mode.

Step 3: Remove your AT&T SIM and replace with the T-Mobile one

Step 4: Wi-Fi must be deactivated completely by ‘forgetting’ any automatically connected networks.

Step 5: Deactivate Airplane mode. Your device will begin searching for a signal. Will see the Apple splash screen followed by the familiar activation screen.

Step 6: EDGE network should automatically activate, and if all has gone well, you should see that "E" in the top-left corner of your iPhone’s screen.

Step 7: After a 20-30 second waiting period, switch off your phone , and switch on again. You should once again see that Activation Required screen.

Step 8: Once you notice a signal bar, press Use Cellular Connection

Step 9: Eject your SIM, after which you will see the activation notice for the third and final time.

Step 10: Finally, re-insert your SIM, and your device should be unlocked

Please notice that this is not my tutorial and i posted here because maybe will help someone and to find out if it worked for other members.In my opinion worth trying since does not affect your iphone in any way. Sorry I cant try it because I am not on at&t. PLEASE IF YOU TRY IT WRITE IF IT WORKED

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The general consensus is that this "trick" does NOT work.

Thanks
    this is what I have read on some forums, but also seen that Musclenerd tweeted that it works, but not properly, he says it will be unlocked but the network refreshed the connection to your phone quite often and it will be relocked each time that happens .I think this is the website of the guy that started the tutorial danielscaleb.com
    Last edited by ovidiu1305; 11-20-2011 at 03:06 PM.