Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help with iPhone 3G unlock

I've been phoneless for the last 2weeks because of the same exact issue. I have a 3g that was on 4.2.1 BB 06.15.00 jailbroken and unlocked but I downgraded to 3.1.3 (following steps as listed above) last week in hopes that that might solve the issue. I've tried everything listed above with the exception of building the custom firmware with baseband but I will hop on that right away. Annie can I follow the same tout for building the custom firmware on windows (I don't have a mac)? Its so odd because i unlocked my girlfriends 3G with no problems (has perfect signal on 4.2.1) with t-mobile. I've noticed two things about my 3g 3.1.3 BB 06.15.00 1. like Saimer I too was getting stuck in restarting springboard when installing ultrasnow. I downloaded SB Settings to restart springboard when Ultrasnow Install is done and it prompts "Springboard restart". 2. when I uninstall ultrasnow and put in my ATT sim I get bars. T-mobile sim with ultrasnow just gets "searching" and eventually "no service", However I do randomly get T-Mobile signal sometimes but for no more than 3mins. I feel that it is a problem with ultrasnow....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If it's an iPhone 3G then yes you can follow the same procedure, however, you'll need a Mac to build a custom fw or you'll need to download one. Google search, but some custom firmwares can get corrupt so try getting it from a website you think is trustworthy.

Ultrasn0w shouldn't be the problem. If it unlocks the device, that's it, it did its job. The iPad baseband has always been sketchy for some people. I believe the problem is just that.

If you're having problems installing Ultrasn0w (ie. getting errors or getting stuck on respring) the issue might be that it didn't complete the installation properly. Does this occur every time you try to install it? What repo are you downloading it from?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Telus and Bell uses Hspda and this feature is not present on 3G iphone ,only 3GS and iphone 4 is capable of this higher speed. You can only use your 3G iphone with fido or Rogers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

saimer (11-21-2011)

so my problem fixed on error 1015 upon restoring to custom ipsw.
    I redid the custom ipsw with pwnage 4.2 which won't integrate bb 6.15, if use 4.1.3 you should select not to upgrade to 6.15 since it's already upgraded before previous jb/unlock process. This custom ipsw restored successfully from iTune.
    Hope it helps to others may have same issue.
    Thanks Annie for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Telus and Bell uses Hspda and this feature is not present on 3G iphone ,only 3GS and iphone 4 is capable of this higher speed. You can only use your 3G iphone with fido or Rogers
    Thanks iYeow for pointing that out. That means my phone is actually unlocked just need a compatible sim card. All good!

Thanks

I need to do more research on Canadian stuff. -.-

I've gotten lost along the way of what has happened in here, got pretty messy, but I'm glad you resolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I need to do more research on Canadian stuff. -.-
    yes, please ... some shops charge 30+ for jailbreak/unlock here. They claimed 3G can use telus sim not sure if it's true or not.
    but I do find this iPhone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and 3G suppose to support hspda. now I'm confused again.

Thanks

Goodness that's not bad. We have people charging $50+ USD here, it's worse here lol.

Regarding HSDPA...the iPhone 3G can handle a speed of 3.6 mbps, I read...and there are much much faster speeds out there as of today so the device is outdated. I'm sure it can utilize HSDPA as I've researched, it's just very behind and can't handle more than 3.6mbps.

hey annie, to answer the question, "does ultra snow get stuck in respring everytime I install"? the answer is yes. I'm using http://repo666.ultrasn0w. com repo. I haven't gotten a chance to do the custom firmware yet....@ work.

Thanks

Hm. That's weird. Are you restoring from a backup?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12