+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I upgrade my iOS4.1 to a 4.3.3?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I recently got an iPhone 4 , Baseband 4.10 , and iOS 4.1 from ebay I got it to unlock with Gevey Sim Ultra, and I did a manual
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default How can I upgrade my iOS4.1 to a 4.3.3?
    Hello, I recently got an iPhone 4 , Baseband 4.10 , and iOS 4.1 from ebay

I got it to unlock with Gevey Sim Ultra, and I did a manual SIM Cut to a microSIM perfectly fit.

I was curious if someone can tell me how do I upgrade the iOS to 4.3.3 without ruining the baseband. Also, on my iPhone, when I open the iTunes app, it's in spanish for some reason...The toolbar on the bottom would say "Musica, Videos, Buscar, Genius, More) ,, how do I change it to english.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Check for SHSHs first. Download TinyUmbrella and click "Save SHSHs" and see what you get.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you link me to TinyUmbrella. What's SHSH?

How can I upgrade my iOS4.1 to a 4.3.3?-shshs.jpg Is that it ???
    Last edited by warz2k4; 11-19-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks

Yes that's it. It looks like you can upgrade to 4.2.1. Without SHSHs for 4.3.3 you can't upgrade to it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do I upgrade to 4.2.1? And how do I get 4.3.3? Is it worth upgrading to 4.2.1? (Any significant changes)

Thanks

You can't get 4.3.3. There's not a huge difference between 4.1 and 4.2.1. Here's a link to a list of what 4.2.1 offers:

iOS 4.2.1 Software Update contains over 100 new features for iPad; here’s the full list – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

Green Apple
    Thanks

If I can upgrade to a more recent one, i'll do that. Can you please explain to me how I can get 4.2? Thanks!!

Thanks

Download stock 4.2.1 ipsw (you can get it from the Downloads section here on MMi)
    Download Sn0wbreeze here: iH8sn0w.com (you want v2.2.1)
    Create a custom 4.2.1 firmware (if you don't have an official SIM to activate with, while creating this cFW in General menu: checkmark the box to "activate") then click "build."
    When your cFW finishes building, Sn0wbreeze will prompt you to put your device into pwned DFU mode. Do so.
    Open TinyUmbrella, start the TSS Server when you're in pwned DFU.
    Open iTunes, hold shift, click restore, select custom 4.2.1 fw you made.
    When finished, you should have access to your springboard. If you have an official SIM to activate with, you'll be at the emergency call screen in which you may activate the device in iTunes with the official SIM.

That's it.

Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1 Jailbreak 4.2.1 / 4.2.6 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch | Redmond Pie

Video.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks SO much, big question, would I lost my contact list(address book).?

Thanks

Back them up with iTunes under the "info" tab to a third party.

You can sync them back in later in case if you load a backup after restoring they don't return.

Green Apple
    Thanks

On the download section, which category is the 4.2.1 IPSW in? HOw come the person in the video did not use TinyUmbrella?

Thanks

Because at the time 4.2.1 was still being signed and didn't need tinyumbrella. I only gave you the video so you could see how to create the custom fw. You'll need to follow my written instructions.

You should be able to see Downloads>Firmwares and select your device's 4.2.1 ipsw file to download.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks Annie, i'm doing that now, For the step with TInyUmbrella, as you can see in my screenshot i have SHSH 4.2.1 and 4.2b.3, I would select 4.2.1 right? and then click start TSS server? Also...after updating to 4.2.1. would I lose my jailbreak? And other apps I currently have installed?

Thanks

Well you wouldn't select anything in TU. You just download the 4.2.1 ipsw, create the custom fw, set into pwned DFU mode, and restore to custom 4.2.1 with TU's TSS server running.

Using a custom fw means after you restore, you'll already be jailbroken. Your apps that are installed, sync them in iTunes first before updating to 4.2.1. In iTunes right-click your device, select "transfer purchases." After, sync your device. After syncing, right-click your device again and select "create backup" and let it create a backup for today.

Any jailbroken apps, you can back them up with a Cydia tweak called aptbackup. Pkgbackup is better but it costs money. If you don't want to pay, just use aptbackup (not appbackup). Aptbackup isn't 100% reliable either, sometimes it doesn't work...so just in case you should probably write down what it is that you have installed in Cydia so you can manually reinstall.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got an error, "This iPhone could not be restored"

Omg..im so mad now.. my phone won't even boot up without a restore

What should i do? My phone won't even get to springboard it says plug it in iTunes and click restore

Nvm. THanks iAnnie. My issue was the port. I changed USB ports and it upgraded completely, ALl i need to do is install furiousmod to get my unlock working, APPRECIATED !
    Last edited by warz2k4; 11-19-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks

Glad you figured it out. Sorry I missed out lol, sleep.