+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help newbie to unlock 4.0.2 iphone4 with baseband 01.59.00

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A quick question from a newbie . I have an iphone running 4.0.2 with 01.59.00 baseband which I would like to soft unlock. At the moment, I am not interested
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Please help newbie to unlock 4.0.2 iphone4 with baseband 01.59.00
    A quick question from a newbie . I have an iphone running 4.0.2 with 01.59.00 baseband which I would like to soft unlock. At the moment, I am not interested in upgrading OS, I am fine with 4.0.2. I understand that I should just jailbreak 4.0.2 (with Redsn0w) and then install Ultrasn0w via Cydia.

Can someone please direct me to a nice step-by-step guide on how to do it? I tried googling but this baseband/OS combination is rather ancient these days, and in most threads people are more interested in updating OS while keeping baseband, which is far complicated.

Ok, there is one example:
    Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Should I proceed with this one? Or there are some better new ways? Is it safe? I really do not want to accidentally upgrade baseband.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can follow the proccessor on Redmond Pie, I recommend download the lastest Redsn0w .9.9.7B/.9.9.8B then you don't have to download all official firmwarem, newest Redsn0w will do all that.

Note: Back all your stuff, and use Ifaith dump shsh for it, just to incase something going wrong. As now, something go wrong IOS 5 is must if didn't have shsh.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monkeydance For This Useful Post:

ryoanji (11-14-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for advice. I dumped blobs with ifaith. But I can't jailbreak at the moment. Using redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 as in redmond pie, I get 'unable to recognize specified IPSW.' When using 0.9.9.8b I get 'missing keys.plist data for this build.' Can you please help? Should I point redsn0w to 4.0.2 which is currently installed on the phone? and not the original 4.0 as they suggest?

Also, curious fact. I tried running tinyunmbrella just for fun to save shsh blobs, but it tells me that I can't save *any* firmware blobs as I am too late? What gives? Apple should be signing at least 5.0.1, but it does not offer me to save that... Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SUCCESS! Jailbroken and unlocked. For life of me could not get redsnow to work. Googling it shows that it is quite a common problem to which either: people find a random solution by pure trial and error, or no solution exists. But, limera1n worked like a charm. Then ultrasnow. Took some googling to find out why I kept getting No service, or Sim failure. Resetting network settings took care of that. Hope that would be useful to somebody.

Still kind of curious about that:

Quote Originally Posted by ryoanji View Post
    Also, curious fact. I tried running tinyunmbrella just for fun to save shsh blobs, but it tells me that I can't save *any* firmware blobs as I am too late? What gives? Apple should be signing at least 5.0.1, but it does not offer me to save that... Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey ryoanji, which limerain version did you use to jailbreak your iPhone? I have an iPhone 4 4.0.2 with baseband 1.59.00 and would like to use phone. This was a store demo iPhone and now the demo apps don't work unless I upgrade software but I want to jailbreak and unlock iPhone. Please help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just download it from here:
    limera1n

Here is the tutorial. Good luck!
    Tutorial: How to Jailbreak your iPhone with LimeRa1n

Thanks
    Hey ryoanji

After installing ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone 4, did you face any issues ? Or it just started working after restarting the spring board ?
    Or you had to restart the phone back to make it recognize the new SIM card ?
    I have an iPhone 4 which has been jailbroken and am on iOS 5 with baseband 1.59.00 and will be doing the software unlock in few days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey raksrules,

Install of untrasnow involves rebooting iphone, so just do that. My big stumbling stone was to reset network settings for iphone to recognize T-mobile sim card. Otherwise no go. But maybe your case would be different... for me iphone was activated with AT&T sim, so I really had to do that.

Thanks
    Hey ryoanji

I too have the iPhone locked to AT&T and want to use with a T Mobile SIM card (or my Indian SIM card which works on Tmobile here in USA).
    Can you tell me what type of reset you had to do for the network settings for the phone to recognize the T Mobile SIM card ?? Because that will be applicable to me too.
    A bit of detailed explanation would be appreciated as i am an iPhone noobie. This is my first iPhone ever.
    Last edited by raksrules; 11-16-2011 at 07:18 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. I think that is it, I do not have iphone with me right now. Try it. Mind you, it was last step for me after all unlocking & jailbreaking.

Thanks
    What actually does the Reset Network Settings do ?
    Also from what i know, if we want to use it on Tmobile then 3G should be turned off.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it resets network settings i think my phone was activated with At&t so to use with T-mobile I prbably needed to reset network settings