+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey SIM installation APN settings?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After getting ripped off with a fake Gevy that I never did get to work the good people on this site directed me to applenberry's site that not only sold
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Gevey SIM installation APN settings?
    After getting ripped off with a fake Gevy that I never did get to work the good people on this site directed me to applenberry's site that not only sold me the genuine Gevy Sim ultra but shows pictures of how to tell a fake Gevy from the real thing right down to the packaging. You tube helped me tell the fake from the real thing for those of you who may be in the same spot I was in.

After installing the genuine Gevey SIM i could get it to work but it was not stable as it would keep switching from Tmobile to searchig to No service. After calling their tech support they said 99% of the time it was due to the buyer's sim card not making proper contact because it was cut wrong. I had cut mine too small and it was allowing it to fit loose in the Gevy where it could slide around. I got a new sim and cut it exact and using the same Gevy has not had one failure in 36 hours so far.

The only question I have left is I noticed the instructions on the applenberry site gave provider APN settings including Tmobile which is my provider. So far my phone is working fine but are these setting I need to change so I do not run into trouble? What are they used for and how do I get to this option in the phone setting to change them to the APN settings on shown on the applenberry site?

Green Apple
    Thanks

The APN settings are used for getting the Internet, MMS and Tethereing working. You can put them in General, Network, Cellular Data Network

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The only "trouble" you're going to get into is getting charges on your account really. But if you've got a data plan it shouldn't be an issue. If what you're using works, it works and you don't *have* to use the recommended settings.