Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Needs Testing] Unlock 4.11.08 Baseband iOS5

I have read somewhere that no need to dial 611
    Skip those steps and try
    Put the other Network sim and HardReset the phone... works
    I dont have a phone to try it out

It works on the iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    It works on the iPhone 4
    Will it work without activate ATT SIM? I have feeling it wont b/c need to 611 connect to ATT first, so it's defeat the whole point of unlock.

Someone try that?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydance View Post
    Will it work without activate ATT SIM? I have feeling it wont b/c need to 611 connect to ATT first, so it's defeat the whole point of unlock.

Someone try that?
    I did it following the steps posted exactly. So as far as I know, you need both an AT&T and T-mo sim.

i have iphone 4 on ios 5 baseband 4.11.8 locked to AT&T
    i have tried this method with and without gevey sim with no luck. i had to use gevey because i couldnt get cellular data to appear otherwise. i did a hard reset and didnt call AT&T,611, had T mobile sim in phone, entered APN for T mobile ,didn't work at all , but on second attempt while iphone was "searching" for carrier, i got a text come through iphone from T mobile!
    my iphone is locked to AT&T, so feels like something in this procedure is working. Anyway, no edge symbols came up, it coudnt access internet through cellular data and i couldnt get iphone to do it again. i tried phoning and texting my number from a different phone while it was searching for carrier but nothing happened.
    just thought id share my experience incase it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    I did it following the steps posted exactly. So as far as I know, you need both an AT&T and T-mo sim.
    Does your T-Mobile sim have data? I can't tell if mine does and I keep getting an "Invalid Sim" error.

Quote Originally Posted by lunu View Post
    Does your T-Mobile sim have data? I can't tell if mine does and I keep getting an "Invalid Sim" error.
    No, I dont use data on T-mo

Quote Originally Posted by haissk View Post
    I have read somewhere that no need to dial 611
    Skip those steps and try
    Put the other Network sim and HardReset the phone... works
    I dont have a phone to try it out
    I'm confused. Here are the official steps:

Insert original carrier AT&T SIM card
    Dial 611 for AT&T customer service hotline and drop the call
    Turn on Airplane Mode
    Take out AT&T SIM card
    Insert T-Mobile SIM card
    Make sure WiFi is off ( also tap on ‘Forget this Network” to make sure it doesn’t connect automatically later)
    Switch off Airplane Mode and iPhone will search for network. This is followed by the Apple splash screen appearing.
    Activation Required will be displayed on the screen
    EDGE network will activate automatically – notice the ‘E’ on the top left corner of the screen
    Wait for about 20-30 seconds and turn off the phone
    Turn on iPhone and the same Activation Required screen will be displayed
    When you see one signal bar, tap on Use Cellular Connection
    Eject SIM card
    Activation Required screen will be displayed the second time
    Insert SIM card
    Unlocked!

At what point are you supposed to "Put the other Network sim and HardReset the phone"?

And where are you getting this information? Link please?

Okay, thanks. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea what he means when he writes, "no need to call 611 or anything just reset the iPhone and power it on with a t-mobile sim without connecting to wifi."? Here's what I wrote in reply to his comment:

Yousef, could you please explain exactly what you did, step-by-step? Did you perform all of the other steps described, and if so, when did you do the reset and sim replacement? And what kind of reset are you referring to—soft reset, hard reset, "reset all settings," or "erase all content and settings"? Thanks in advance for your help.
    Can anyone else clarify, in case Yousef doesn't?

Even i wrote a reply and waiting for confirmation...
    Lets wait for some positive answers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to haissk For This Useful Post:

ddddddddd (11-20-2011)

What about to use any soft that people using to cheat WOW (WPE PRO),to get the incoming traffic when activating the phone via itunes with an att sim an then use this traffic when acrivating the same phone with an different sim or just to restore one neverlocked phone and save the traffic and then restore an locked and cheks the logs to see what is differences in information that it is send from the apple server.....is it possible?

I've read confirmation that this "unlock" works, but according to MuscleNerd, it only lasts "mere seconds". He refers to this as the "5-second unlock".

Hey! All above!

Those of you who are struck on iPhone 4 baseband 4.11.08, there is currently no unlock solution. Niether using Ultrasn0w, nor using Gevey Sim.

removed: spam
    Last edited by Simon; 12-14-2011 at 09:12 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12