+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gevey Sim Questions

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 4 which is on stock 4.3.3. I understand that gevey sim can unlock it, but I wonder if someone can help answer a few questions I
    AKA westonben
    Thanks

Default Gevey Sim Questions
    I have an iPhone 4 which is on stock 4.3.3. I understand that gevey sim can unlock it, but I wonder if someone can help answer a few questions I have on it.

If I unlock the phone with Gevey sim and then switch from one sim card to another will I need to go through the unlock process again?

If the phone runs out of power will it need to be unlocked again?

If I get his sim and unlock the phone for him what circumstances are there that will result in him needing to unlock the phone again?

Thanks. I am thinking of giving this AT&T locked phone to a friend, but he's not so tech savvy, so won't do it if it's going to cause lots of headaches....

AKA westonben
    Thanks

Ok, been doing some research and it seems the Gevey ultra will be ok. I can JB with JBme, install furiousmod repo & program, then it should be all automated for him. Sounds good.....

Does anyone know if the automated process is still calling 112 behind the scenes?