+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Considering switching to an iPhone 4

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just don't click "Restore" or "update". That will update to the latest iOS and Baseband which is not unlockable
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Just don't click "Restore" or "update". That will update to the latest iOS and Baseband which is not unlockable

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't I factory restore my phone just to have it in original condition ( no jail break etc) and then upgrade the iOS and preserve the baseband?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just got my iPhone 4 used!

The condition of it is about a 8/10.....slight dirt buildup on the speakers....and brown crusty stuff on the sides...
    No scratches on the front/back , some scratches seen on the home button

Anyways, I have a couple of a questions...

Currently the phone is jailbroken atm and without a sim card, and I purchased a Gevey ultra for 29 bucks just now...
    Under Version it says 4.1 and Modem firmware is 02.10.04 I assume its Gevey compatible.

Questions:

1. Under Settings/ About Phone, on the very top it says "John Doe's iPhone". How do I edit it where it says my name?
    2. As my phone is currently unlock, is there anyway I can restore this phone to manufacture settings (thus removing the jailbreak) without ruining my baseband and iOS?
    3. Can I use iOS5 if I preserved my baseband while using gevey sim to keep the phone unlocked?
    4. Where can I get a good screen protector / case for this iPhone 4
    5. Is there any special way to sync my music without ruining the baseband?
    6. I currently have a Tmobile sim card, is there any recommendations on how to cut it to a microSIM without ruining it.

Thanks!!!

*note I'm new to the iPhone and have no idea how to jailbreak or do anything with it. Hell I might even have issues using the Gevey sim

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please help me? Thanks!!!.

Also, how do I upgrade my iphone's iOS to 4.3.3 or w/e it is without upgrading to iOS5 or baseband. The phone is currently in iOS4.1

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12