+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1-Bar Signal Issue with iPhone 4 (iOS 5 / BB 1.59.00)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1-Bar Signal Issue with iPhone 4 (iOS 5 / BB 1.59.00)
    Iphone 4 with IOS 5.0 & BB Preserved @ 1.59.00. I followed the instructions to preserve my baseband, jailbreak with redsn0w with a dead At&t sim card and unlock with Ultrasn0w 1.2.4 all without issue. Iím with T-Mobile and when I insert my SIM card I only get one signal bar and my T-Mo phone number comes up as unknown in the settings. I cannot place or receive a call. My service cuts in and out constantly.

I have an iPhone 3GS unlocked and have no problems with my SIM card obtaining 4-5 bars in the same area. I read disabling 3G mode in the settings prior to installing Ultrasn0w alleviates the signal bar issue but that did not help with my situation. From what I read and have been told the 1-bar signal issue should be fixable w/ultrasn0w but not in my case.

Iím at my witís end. Anyone with a working solution to this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would actually suggest to do a restore. It might just be a jb bug. If it is, the problem should go away. If it isn't that simple, I think we can do some other troubleshooting on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Do you have 4.3.3 blob ? If you do, i suggest you restore to custom firmware of 4.3.3, have a working iphone rather than a paperweight.
    You cannot get 04.10.00 baseband anymore even if you decide to go with gevey sim so downgradingto 4.3.3 is your only option.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the responses...

I restored with the custom firmware again but ended up with the same result - 1 bar signal issue. Unfortunately I do not have the 4.3.3 blobs saved but do have 4.3.5 & 4.2.1.
    Last edited by vassago; 11-06-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Put iphone into pwned dfu mode and restore to custom firmware of 4.2.1 using TSS server with saved 4.2.1 blob .