Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM error

Default SIM error
    The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be used with iTunes because the SIM card is not installed. You must insert your SIM card into your iPhone in order to activate it.

This came up after running anySIM.

= / Any help is appreciated.

Can't run iNdependence gives me a Failure "Error obtaining the ICCID (ensure there is a SIM card in your phone).

Attempted 3 different SIM cards. Kinda don't know what to do at this point.
    Thanks in advance.

-Nx

Ensure sim orientation is correct.
    Ensure you have version 1.0.2 on your phone.
    If anysim is not working well for you try unlock app

Would running anySIM twice have caused this?

- done
    - done
    - Can't get past the opening screen.. independence comes back with a SIM error as well. Working on a restore on a windows box now, but I am open to suggestions. If I get it activated again I'll attempt unlock thanks.

Any other ideas? Normally I just work though this all myself, but I figure documenting it for others is a good idea.

worth noting that when it starts up and under Activate iPhone connect to iTunes the following is shown

IMEI: UNknown
    ICCID: Unknown

Attempted
    iPhoneActivatorTool 1.0
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.419 tool[2283] Found iPhone Device: 1
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.419 tool[2283] Connecting...
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.425 tool[2283] Checking Pairing...
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.435 tool[2283] Starting device session...
    Could not enable SSL
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.473 tool[2283] ActivationState: Unactivated
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.473 tool[2283] Deactivating your iPhone...
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.499 tool[2283] New ActivationState: Unactivated
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.499 tool[2283] Activating your iPhone...
    InvalidActivationRecord
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.571 tool[2283] New ActivationState: Unactivated
    2007-10-02 01:13:58.571 tool[2283] Your iPhone could not be activated.

Still nothing. I am open to ideas.
    Last edited by nxt; 10-02-2007 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Doing the option key shuffle and forcing 1.02 back onto the device got back the
    IMEI & ICCID with the AT&T sim back installed. I hope this helps someone else in the future.
    -nx

on your iPhone go to settings>General>About
    what does it say there?

All the standard stuff, what are you looking for?

Smile hey nxt
    i have the same problem you have the solution yet??

Quote Originally Posted by eloy View Post
    i have the same problem you have the solution yet??
    Yea Eloy, you can e-mail me nxtort [a] nxtort.com and I can walk you though it, but it's explained above.

Jump back into iTunes restore the iPhone with the AT&T sim. Do this by holding the wakesleep button and the home button for 35-50 sec

Restore using the 1.0.2 firmware.. you should then be good to go.

I tried this and I still appear to have no ICCID or IMEI

Default Unknown IMEI or ICCID
    Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I've got a problem, my iphone says that the IMEI and ICCID are unknown and i get the same message in iTunes about there being no SIM card installed. but there is, my original AT&T one.
    Any advice?

Danny

Default Incorrect sim after unlocking
    Hi Guys,

I have an incorrect sim error on my iphone after i finished all the steps said to do the unlocking of my 1.1.1 iphone. I used iunlocker and tried anysim also but both have the same results.. What should i do?

Unhappy hey nxt 2
    yes thanks i restaure with the holding i want unlock with anisym1.1 did you know if that version works or if i have to use the 1.0 because i alreday unlock with the 1.0 version???

thanks cheerrs....!!!!

Here are the steps in full order done on OS X.4.x with iTunes 7.4.3
    #1 make sure AT&T sim is in
    #2 make sure that you didn't upgrade to 1.1.1 and the phone is still at 1.0.2
    #3 Download the 1.0.2 firmware, you know where to get it from
    #4 Put the iPhone in restore mode. [hold down the home button and the sleep wake button] until you get the connect to iTunes button
    #5 Connect to the computer [I did it with the internet disconnected, but I don' t think it matters.]
    #6 Force iTunes to restore using the downloaded firmware remember to rename the file and take out the .zip, but don't unzip it
    #7 Pair it with iTunes just name it in other words
    #8 Create a new folder and re-ad the .zip unzip it and keep it separate
    #9 Grab independence and go to town.

This worked great on both phones I farked up during using anysim. I now use iUnlock Reloaded and it works way better. Gives me more options for restoring everything ect. ect. ect.

I hope that helps guys/gals.

PS - make a donation to the Dev Team I did and its the best way to get these problems solved in the future via software.

I have yet to have enough free time to dig into 1.1.1 if you pouched up your 1.1.1 firmware iPhone please search the other threads as I need some more free time before I start farking around with that.

Thanks sorry I can't help more with the 1.1.1
    Last edited by nxt; 10-16-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey

i need help. i tried to activate my iphone but on my computer it says to insert Sim card and on my iphone it say Repair Needed Iphone can not make or receive calls.

Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by redranger03 View Post
    hey

i need help. i tried to activate my iphone but on my computer it says to insert Sim card and on my iphone it say Repair Needed Iphone can not make or receive calls.

Can anyone help?
    Same for me aswell, hopefully there is a fix out there!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by nxt View Post
    Here are the steps in full order done on OS X.4.x with iTunes 7.4.3
    #1 make sure AT&T sim is in
    #2 make sure that you didn't upgrade to 1.1.1 and the phone is still at 1.0.2
    #3 Download the 1.0.2 firmware, you know where to get it from
    #4 Put the iPhone in restore mode. [hold down the home button and the sleep wake button] until you get the connect to iTunes button
    #5 Connect to the computer [I did it with the internet disconnected, but I don' t think it matters.]
    #6 Force iTunes to restore using the downloaded firmware remember to rename the file and take out the .zip, but don't unzip it
    #7 Pair it with iTunes just name it in other words
    #8 Create a new folder and re-ad the .zip unzip it and keep it separate
    #9 Grab independence and go to town.

This worked great on both phones I farked up during using anysim. I now use iUnlock Reloaded and it works way better. Gives me more options for restoring everything ect. ect. ect.

I hope that helps guys/gals.

PS - make a donation to the Dev Team I did and its the best way to get these problems solved in the future via software.

I have yet to have enough free time to dig into 1.1.1 if you pouched up your 1.1.1 firmware iPhone please search the other threads as I need some more free time before I start farking around with that.

Thanks sorry I can't help more with the 1.1.1
    Nxt, I tried everything that you said and still mine comes back as IMEI unknown and ICCID as unknown, any suggestions? Its like its not recognising the SIM card at all, my original AT&T is in the slot. It is at 1.0.2 at the minute after downgrading from 1.1.1. It was working fine until something happened. Is there anyway I can get my IMEI and ICCID back? otherwise iNdependence doesnt work?

thanks

Danny
    Last edited by dannychapman2007; 10-17-2007 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have to be open to the idea that there could be a hardware problem with the phone. Clean the contacts of the sim card using a HB2 style pencil eraser and making sure that it's inserted. Perhaps someone else can attempt the 1.1.1 downgrade fix, but has anyone attempted the above without the AT&T sim in?

im having same issue too

i have the same promlemm....i cant even take to Apple cz i unlocked it using anySim1.1...help anyone

i bought a unlocked iphone then upgraded it on itunes, now i think its relocked, is it stuffed can ifix it