Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Baseband Upgrade Problem

Default Baseband Upgrade Problem
    Hello all. I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this has been asked before.

I attempted to upgrade the baseband on an iPhone 3Gs with iOS5.

The problem is, The phone will boot tethered, but it's showing no Modem Firmware Version, the WiFi Doesn't work and the Bluetooth is also showing an invalid MAC Address of 00:00:00:00:00:00.

It's a friends phone, and he needs it back.

Does anyone know if I can revert the baseband back, or at least get it working on 6.15.00, or have a bricked the Baseband / iPhone?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this is a brand new iphone 3Gs that came with iOS5, so there are no possibilities to downgrade it to an earlier version of iOS
    Last edited by Garreh; 10-31-2011 at 03:58 PM.

I don't get it. You have a new phone on ios 5 but you were upgrading it?? To what??? Do you mean you tried to flash the 6.15 baseband in order to unlock?? Clarification is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by RochOAR View Post
    I don't get it. You have a new phone on ios 5 but you were upgrading it?? To what??? Do you mean you tried to flash the 6.15 baseband in order to unlock?? Clarification is needed.
    Yes I attempted to upgrade it to 06.15 in order to unlock with ultrasn0w

Any suggestions on how to get the it flashed to 06.15 or do I need to wait untill the new version of redsn0w comes out with an untethered jailbreak?

As I said before this is a new iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom running iOS 5.0

I'm guessing the 6.15 baseband flash got interrupted. Re-run redsn0w. If you are running Windows 7 make sure you run in XP compatible mode and change the affinity. DO NOT INTERRUPT WHEN IT FLASHES BASEBAND.

Quote Originally Posted by RochOAR View Post
    I'm guessing the 6.15 baseband flash got interrupted. Re-run redsn0w. If you are running Windows 7 make sure you run in XP compatible mode and change the affinity. DO NOT INTERRUPT WHEN IT FLASHES BASEBAND.
    I've tried to reflash it without interruption, and still the same thing occoured. Could it be something to do with the fact that iOS 5 is a tethered jailbreak at the moment?

Are u using custom firmware?? Download the 3GS 5.0 firmware. Download Sn0wbreeze. Create custom firmware. Then jailbreak again with Redsnow.

Also why on earth did u F around with trying to unlock your friends NEW phone when it wasn't yours to begin with. Valuable life lesson here.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

This iphone is defintiely bricked, if it is under warranty, go get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    This iphone is defintiely bricked, if it is under warranty, go get a replacement.
    Are you absolutley certain?

Problem is, this isn't my phone. is there absolutley no way to reflash the baseband? I can't afford the 137 apple want for a replacement phone...

As I mentioned before, is it anything to do with the fact that redsn0w is still a tethered jailbreak?

Why? Because he's on a different network to the one that the phone is locked to. Besides, I've done the baseband upgrade so many times and this has never happend.

Thanks

Did you choose install cydia and update ipad bb the same time.

Did you choose install cydia and update ipad bb the same time.
    Hi.

No I didn't. I only ever select the one because when both are selected, redsn0w usually crashes. I know this from experience.

Thanks

The only way i can think of is to restore to stock firmware, not custom firmware as cfw doesn't touch bb to see if it brings the No wifi, No imei and No bb back.

The only way i can think of is to restore to stock firmware, not custom firmware as cfw doesn't touch bb to see if it brings the No wifi, No imei and No bb back.
    Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. If it works, i'll let you know!

Thanks

One more thing, if it errors while restoring , try removing the battery from logic board for 5 minutes so it resets itself, put it back and restore to stock firmware again. Not sure if it will work but give it a shot.

managed to get a bit further - I managed to restore it to iOS 4.1, don't know how but it worked.

However the Baseband isn't working still, i've attempted to flash it with no luck.

Any idea's now the phone boots?

Thanks

If bb is still mssing, your last shot is to remove battery , hopefully it resets itself and restore again.