+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [iPhone Noob] Need help with unlocking/jailbreaking iPhone 4 with iOS 5 and BB 1.59.00

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok sure.i will check it. Btw i have not JB it yet as this phone is a gift for my wife and i may not really JB it until start
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Ok sure.i will check it.

Btw i have not JB it yet as this phone is a gift for my wife and i may not really JB it until start of next month. I know it may sound weird.
    I too am dying to unlock and JB but since it is a surprise gift for her, i am waiting for her birthday
    @Mod you have been more than patient with my queries. Really appreciate it. Will download Tiny umbrella and check it.
    So i guess unless is JB i cannot download the SHSH from cydia and check the version of SHSH.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I don't think your wife appreciate a tethered jailbreak.
    What you can do now, once you have downloaded your 4.3.3 blob onto TU. Build a custom firmware of 4.3.3 from redsnow 0.9.9b7 (mac only ) or Snowbreeze 2.8b8 .
    Put your iphone into pwned dfu mode, in TU :set host file to cydia is selected, start TSS server.
    Run iTunes shift / option + restore to cfw of 4.3.3
    If restoring to cfw doesn't jailbreak it , jailbreak it with Jailbreakme.com 3.0 from safari on your iphone.
    Unlock it with Ultrasnow and you now have any untethered jailbreak at 4.3.3
    Put back into the box and give it to her on her birthday or send it to me, I will keep it for you ...
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-08-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks
    ^Wow thanks for the details. Tethered JB may really not be an issue as we will be using the phone at home and even if we go out we will have it charged full time.
    Also there is a semitethered JB available too which will at least make the phone's basic functionality like calling / SMS available which is very much acceptable for us

Thanks
    Finally i have done the jailbreaking of my iPhone 4 using Redsn0w b8 and now cydia is available on spring board. Cannot install ultrasn0w as of now since i do not have a micro SIM. Waiting for the SIM Cutter to arrive in mail.
    As of now, even without having a Non-AT&T MicroSIM, i can install Ultrasn0w and keep it right ?
    As of now there is a AT&T microSIM in my iPhone but it seems to be deactivated and when i go to settings -> network, it says "SIM Not provisioned"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can always install ultrasn0w, if your baseband was preserved on your iphone4 to 1.59.00 then ultransn0w will work, if you have any other baseband aside 1.59.00 on your iphone 4 it will not be unlocked by using ultrasn0w

Thanks
    Yes i have baseband as 1.59.00 and hence i will be using ultrasn0w to unlock. Have not installed it yet as i can do that only at my home and if i do that now, my wife will see the phone before i ACTUALLY give her on her birthday lol :P

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12