+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 unlock confusion

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So to me, my situation is quiet puzzling. I got an iPhone 4 white a few months ago from a friend. its still the same today but jailbroken now, Running
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question White iPhone 4 unlock confusion
    So to me, my situation is quiet puzzling.
    I got an iPhone 4 white a few months ago from a friend.
    its still the same today but jailbroken now,
    Running iOS 4.3.2,
    modem 4.10.01
    model MC604X
    Blobs: 4.3.4, 4.3.5

What he didnt tell me when i first got it was that he was on 3 (AUS) and bought it from someone else and im on optus (AUS), so i spent many hours trying to find a unlock after Erasing all the content and settings. pulled the sim tray out to see that the sim tray had GEVEY embossed in it (as we all know gevey can unlock). so I chucked my sim in and it was unlocked to my amazement, i jailbroke it straight away and been using it as is ever since.
    Now i want to give the phone to the gf when i upgrade to the 4s and she is on virgin (AUS) wanting to upgrade to iOS 5.
    Thing is, i saw online a tweet post by Chronicwire saying-
    Code:
    "Unlocked iPhones headed to Apple Stores for Wednesday: MC603 (16GB, Black) MC604 (16GB, White) MC605 (32GB, Black) MC606 (32GB, White)" 
    so im now too confused to think that my iphone is automatically unlocked or is unlocked cause of a gevey sim. Should we hold out till an iOS 5 jailbreak comes out that preserves my baseband or ?
    i am unable to get into contact with that friend to get info of the phones original carrier, as he has moved over to the UK to live with his family and we are no longer friends "awkward".

thanks to all for your time reading this, i am anxiously awaiting a reply, so is the gf :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Bump for help

Green Apple
    Thanks

Your phone is unlocked already. It is illegal in AU to sell phones that are otherwise.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanx for your reply, i'll post back as soon as i see how the updating went, hope your right and its still unlocked.

EDIT:i've hesitated updating, as to the fact that the gevey sim can unlock 4.10.01 without a jailbreak and seeing a gevey sim tray in the phone doesnt make me feel safe bout it all.
    if you could reassure me as to how it is 100% unlocked, then please let me know so i can update with a lil reassurance.
    Last edited by mykro; 10-19-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1089548

A forum post re: the topic. Remember: you can always preserve the baseband while upgrading using redsn0w (see iPhone Dev team blog or other posts in this forum)