Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS with 4.1 and 6.15.00BB looking to update to iOS 5, need to be able to unlock

Default iPhone 3GS with 4.1 and 6.15.00BB looking to update to iOS 5, need to be able to unlock
    Hey there MODMYI users,
    first post ever so be ready for a poorly formatted thread..

TL;DR: read title, that covers it

anyway with that over, i have a iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.1 with the
    ipad baseband (6.15.00) i want to be able to get iOS 5, jailbreak it and
    keep the iPad baseband so i can use ultrasnow to unlock.
    I've heard redsnow works but nothing for my exact problem

thanks guys!
    tom_

EDIT: May be in wrong category, I'm sorry!
    Last edited by tom_; 10-13-2011 at 07:58 AM.

no one wants to help?

you can use snowbreez to preserve your basband on 16,15.00 and do a custom restore im on 3gs and 16.15.00 thats what i did and ive upgraded to iso 5.0 last night ultrans0w unlock should be out tomorro. untill then im getting use to iso 5.0 hope that helps..

Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 3 With Redsnow 0.9.8b2 And Sn0wbreeze 2.8b4 (Preserve Baseband) | TechnoBolt

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shakira For This Useful Post:

tom_ (10-20-2011)

how did you pass the activation on ios 5 ? i dont have the original sim , i upgraded to ios 5 but cant get pass the activation screen.

you have to have the orrignal sim just buy one the cost like 99p problem solved

I have the original sim so I'm all set, can I upgrade straight to iOS 5 from 4.1?

you need to download snow-breeze if you want to preserve your base band go to iH8sn0w.com and download sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 (For iOS 5.0) then you need to unzip sn0wbreeze v2.8b8. now you also need to dowload iso 5 fimware from here iOS 5 Now Available [Download Links] choice your phone and then once youve done that your ready to build you firmware click on the blue arrow and choice your ipsw then choice which setting you want if you click on the 2nd one you can unlock via ibooty or you can just preserve your baseband and unlock with redsn0w. hope that helps. let me know if you get any erros and i can help you with that as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shakira For This Useful Post:

tom_ (10-20-2011)

If you don't do the custom IOS with 6.15, the BB is going to change with the update? I thought 6.15 BB was forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bled656 View Post
    If you don't do the custom IOS with 6.15, the BB is going to change with the update? I thought 6.15 BB was forever!
    the BB probably won't change, but you will get an error

Quote Originally Posted by shakira View Post
    you need to download snow-breeze if you want to preserve your base band go to iH8sn0w.com and download sn0wbreeze v2.8b8 (For iOS 5.0) then you need to unzip sn0wbreeze v2.8b8. now you also need to dowload iso 5 fimware from here iOS 5 Now Available [Download Links] choice your phone and then once youve done that your ready to build you firmware click on the blue arrow and choice your ipsw then choice which setting you want if you click on the 2nd one you can unlock via ibooty or you can just preserve your baseband and unlock with redsn0w. hope that helps. let me know if you get any erros and i can help you with that as well.
    -SNIP-
    wow that made me sounds dumb..
    just wondering if anyone has encounter any errors trying to go from 4.1 to 5? i get a iTunes error
    Last edited by tom_; 10-14-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Being an idiot..

What I tunes err do you get??

couldn't make the previous error occur again but got a new one
    iOS: Resolving update and restore alert messages

'The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build'
    Last edited by tom_; 10-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Default Iphone always searching for network - iOS5 , 06.15.00
    MY Iphone always searching for network

iPhone 3GS (new-bootroom) upgraded to iOS5
    BaseBand - 06.15.00 BB
    Offical IPSW - iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw
    Location Services - OFF
    Location Services while intial setup - DISABELED
    Jailbroken with RedSn0w 0.9.9b4
    unlocked with ultaSn0w 1.2.4

Please Help !!

Bhanwar Gupta

Gupta, stupid question, but did you build a custom Firmware? You can't use stock firmware with 6.15 baseband.

Sigh, build a custom firmware using newest redsn0w, 9,9b6. Make sure to put your phone into "pwned DFU mode" using redsn0w. There is even conveniently a location services fix for that iPad baseband in the newest update. Then use that "NO_BB" version of firmware you create to restore on your phone already in "pwned DFU" mode and you should be fine.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dummonger For This Useful Post:

tom_ (10-20-2011)

Sigh, thats what i did and thats how i got my error..

Make sure your hosts file isn't pointing toward Cydia's servers (see the redsn0w beta blog post). Also, when I get restore error messages, I sometimes like to use a friend's computer or a different computer.

Again make certain you are in "pwned DFU mode" as opposed to regular DFU mode which is enabled via redsn0w. That's a common mistake that I have made in not being able to restore.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dummonger For This Useful Post:

tom_ (10-20-2011)

\/
    Last edited by tom_; 10-19-2011 at 09:16 AM.

okay removed that line in the host file and it successfully update to iOS 5
    thanks for all the helps guys!