+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS, Version 4.3.5 (8L1), Baseband 05.16.02... Unlock Help

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello Fellow MMI Members I bought a iPhone3GS that has 4.3.5 iOS, Baseband 05.16.02 and jail Broken tethred because I see Cydia. Is there a step by step to unlock?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS, Version 4.3.5 (8L1), Baseband 05.16.02... Unlock Help
    Hello Fellow MMI Members

I bought a iPhone3GS that has 4.3.5 iOS, Baseband 05.16.02 and jail Broken tethred because I see Cydia.

Is there a step by step to unlock? I cant buy that 30$ unlock tools hoping I can do it manually. If you have a step please or kindly provide.

Thank you for all your help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxshogunxx View Post
    Hello Fellow MMI Members

I bought a iPhone3GS that has 4.3.5 iOS, Baseband 05.16.02 and jail Broken tethred because I see Cydia.

Is there a step by step to unlock? I cant buy that 30$ unlock tools hoping I can do it manually. If you have a step please or kindly provide.

Thank you for all your help
    Downgrade back to 4.1 fw. It seems Apple is still signing it for the 3G/3GS.

Once back on 4.1 fw you can run redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and install the ipad baseband for the unlock and then cydia for an untethered jailbreak.

Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 Released (Download Links)

After cydia is installed just install ultrasn0w and you will have your unlock.

This is the only way to unlock on any baseband past the 05.13.04 bb.

*side Note* You will lose GPS using the 06.15.00 ipad baseband

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It wont let me downgrade... do i have to use itunes 10.0 instead of 10.4?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It wont let me downgrade... do i have to use itunes 10.0 instead of 10.4?
    I don't see why it wouldn't work on 10.4 but I haven't tried it personally. I have tried it on iTunes 10.3.1 and it worked fine for one device and then failed on another.

You can always create a custom 4.1 fw using sn0wbreeze and try restoring that way.

The newest version of redsn0w works tethered on 4.3.4-4.3.5 but there is no option to install the ipad baseband. The older versions of redsn0w that will install the required bb for unlock won't even recognize the 4.3.4-4.3.5 ipsw.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it downgraded to 4.1 but baseband is still the same... 05.16.02. I tried using Redsn0w and when applying baseband it just fails.

yeah this is not working.... getting pissed already. i hope someone will provide another solution

thanks
    Last edited by xxshogunxx; 08-11-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

it downgraded to 4.1 but baseband is still the same... 05.16.02. I tried using Redsn0w and when applying baseband it just fails.

yeah this is not working.... getting pissed already. i hope someone will provide another solution

thanks
    keep trying.....i have face this issue many times b4...redSnow crushes and plus ur phone freezes at processing
    thing...
    here's what I did...i reopen redsnow..browsed the firmware and then I put it into DFU mode once again and then selected install iPad baseband again...after 2/3 times it will work fine...just use the right version of redSnow n of course right firmware which is in ur case 4.1
    good luck...n do let us know whats goin on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks I got it to unlock. Here's my step.

If you have 4.3.5 with baseband 05.16.02

-Download 4.1 FW (not custom)
    -run iTunes 10.4 and restore.
    -use Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak first but DO NOT install the iPad baseband. Jailbreak it first and install CYDIA.
    -Test if Cydia is there and active
    -Run Redsn0w again and select install iPad Baseband. Let it flash Baseband.
    -then run ultrasn0w to unlock

it worked for me from there after how many times i tried and restored.

Thanks to all

Green Apple
    Thanks

Very good!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need Instructions for a Non-Techie
    Thanks I got it to unlock. Here's my step.

If you have 4.3.5 with baseband 05.16.02

-Download 4.1 FW (not custom)
    -run iTunes 10.4 and restore.
    -use Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 to jailbreak first but DO NOT install the iPad baseband. Jailbreak it first and install CYDIA.
    -Test if Cydia is there and active
    -Run Redsn0w again and select install iPad Baseband. Let it flash Baseband.
    -then run ultrasn0w to unlock

it worked for me from there after how many times i tried and restored.

Thanks to all
    Is there anyway you could provide more details on these instructions for a non-techie? I had unlocked my 3Gs about a year ago to give to my son. He recently changed the password and then forgot it. I had to restore to factory settings to reset the password, but in doing that, I didn't realize the phone would get upgraded to 4.3.5 with baseband 5.16.02. I haven't had any luck trying to downgrade the OS or firmware to unlock it again, and it seems like you've found a fix. But I just don't know how to do some of the steps above without more info. For example, where can I go to download 4.1 FW, when I run iTunes to restore, how do I know it will restore to 4.1. Step 3 above is all greek to me. What does "flash baseband" mean? Sorry to sound so ignorant. If there's anyway you can provide more step by step details for me, it would be immensely appreciated!
    Thank you!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lavw71 View Post
    Is there anyway you could provide more details on these instructions for a non-techie? I had unlocked my 3Gs about a year ago to give to my son. He recently changed the password and then forgot it. I had to restore to factory settings to reset the password, but in doing that, I didn't realize the phone would get upgraded to 4.3.5 with baseband 5.16.02. I haven't had any luck trying to downgrade the OS or firmware to unlock it again, and it seems like you've found a fix. But I just don't know how to do some of the steps above without more info. For example, where can I go to download 4.1 FW, when I run iTunes to restore, how do I know it will restore to 4.1. Step 3 above is all greek to me. What does "flash baseband" mean? Sorry to sound so ignorant. If there's anyway you can provide more step by step details for me, it would be immensely appreciated!
    Thank you!!!
    Heres the link for the 4.1 FW
    http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...7_Restore.ipsw

Im not trying to be a **** but if you are not familiar in jailbreaking. Its best to watch a youtube video. To be honest, i tried reading a lot on how to unlock and jailbreak but everyone has different ways of doing it. The video below worked for me.

This one worked for me... watch this youtube video.
    unlocked and Jailbroken Apple iPhone 3gs 4.3.5 - YouTube

Hope it works for you

Enjoy