+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 3GS on 4.3.1 with 06.15.02 ?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello guys! Im looking to unlock my jailbroken 4.3.1 as stated in topic, but I can't seem to update to 4.3.3. (E.g How do I do that? tried shift-clicking iTunes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking 3GS on 4.3.1 with 06.15.02 ?
    Hello guys!

Im looking to unlock my jailbroken 4.3.1 as stated in topic, but I can't seem to update to 4.3.3. (E.g How do I do that? tried shift-clicking iTunes restore but that didnt work, and i dont want to update to 4.3.5 for obvious reasons) Since all i've found so far points to solutions needing 4.3.3 FW..

Help is much appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gestahl View Post
    Hello guys!

Im looking to unlock my jailbroken 4.3.1 as stated in topic, but I can't seem to update to 4.3.3. (E.g How do I do that? tried shift-clicking iTunes restore but that didnt work, and i dont want to update to 4.3.5 for obvious reasons) Since all i've found so far points to solutions needing 4.3.3 FW..

Help is much appreciated!
    You must mean the 05.15.02 baseband. Your only way to unlock is to install the 06.15.00 ipad baseband and unlock through ultrasn0w.

Forewarning though: you will lose GPS functionality when using this baseband and once its been installed there is no way to downgrade it unless you have an old bootrom 3GS.

Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 Released (Download Links)

Once the baseband is installed, run redsn0w a second time and install Cydia. From there you should be able to install Ultrasn0w.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, you are correct. i made a custom firmware using snowbreeze with the infused base band but itunes give me errors when trying to restore that cfw .. im in pwned dfu and can't get out.. how do i go from there?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you have the shsh blobs for 4.3.3 saved?

Try using FixRecovery43 to get the device out of recovery.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried using TinyUmbrella's built-in recovery fix, and Fixrecovery43 gives me an application error (0cx00007 or something) so I'm all out of ideas.
    I saved the 4.3.1 .shsh with TinyUmbrella though.

So, to sum it up:

Currently my device is black. I can't start it or get out of DFU. The jailbreak was succesful afaik, but iTunes give me the 1600 error after completely restoring the cFW. That means i SHOULD have 6.15.00 BB on it now.

Ugh. I wish it could start.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gestahl View Post
    I tried using TinyUmbrella's built-in recovery fix, and Fixrecovery43 gives me an application error (0cx00007 or something) so I'm all out of ideas.
    I saved the 4.3.1 .shsh with TinyUmbrella though.

So, to sum it up:

Currently my device is black. I can't start it or get out of DFU. The jailbreak was succesful afaik, but iTunes give me the 1600 error after completely restoring the cFW. That means i SHOULD have 6.15.00 BB on it now.

Ugh. I wish it could start.

So. More news . its still stuck in pwned dfu mode, i could get it to boot tethered via redsnow and bb is properly installed and unlocked via ultrasnow but i can't start it. how do i do?